Home

SotS newbie?

This is a discussion on SotS newbie? within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
SotS newbie?

I have The Show 18 & 19. I've never once dabbled in the SotS for either game. But, it's far past time that I'm completely sick of the same repetitive soundtrack over and over.

Here's the deal. I have zero idea how SotS works. Is there a baseline thread of the basics of customizing all if this?

Or can someone explain how it works to a newbie to the mode? Do I need a thumb drive or something?

Where do you guys get your music?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2019, 04:34 AM   #2
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: SotS newbie?

2nd post of this thread up top - https://forums.operationsports.com/f...son-packs.html
Old 07-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Exactly the info I was looking for! Thank you so much!

One more question.....can anyone recommend a part number or SKU number for a really good USB stick that is compatible for all of this?
Old 03-22-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Jim825's Arena

OVR: 2

Here's another newbie question:

I understand HOW to add the music, but what if I want to play with different rosters? I like historical rosters (the 70's rosters remind me of my youth). If I were to install SotS music does it apply to ALL rosters I play with (e.g. every Yankees team in any roster will use the same team music selections) or can each roster have its own SotS?

Last edited by Jim825; 03-23-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:17 PM   #5
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim825
Here's another newbie question:

I understand HOW to add the music, but what if I want to play with different rosters? I like historical rosters (the 70's rosters remind me of my youth). If I were to install SotS music does it apply to ALL rosters I play with (e.g. every Yankees team in any roster will use the same team music selections) or can each roster have its own SotS?
You need to apply each teams stadium sounds and players. For example, if you download the 20 Yankees, it will be full of Stadium sounds and player entrances/walkups. Applying these would put them on all Yankees rosters... with a hitch. If you want to play the 1972 Yankees, you would need to download our 20 Legends pack and find the players you need within. Again, adding the entrances/walkups to players. Stadium sounds would be done if you followed what we did before. As for recent players, I would suggest getting them from the 16, 17, 18, and 19 posts here on the forums. Hopefully that answers it for ya.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Jim825's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, that all makes sense. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »