Home

Lowlighthabit & BU1B22 2020 SOTS Packs

This is a discussion on Lowlighthabit & BU1B22 2020 SOTS Packs within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2020, 10:37 PM   #9
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Lowlighthabit & BU1B22 2020 SOTS Packs

So pumped for these packs! Thank you al always guys.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #10
Pro

BU1B22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Great idea on the Free Agents pack. I made one up myself last year especially since so many were usable in Diamond Dynasty.

I also made a Legends Pack that I heavily researched and have real walkup songs that players used. I can share it with you later on if interested.
We would love to see what you have for legends! We won't obviously get to them until we have the Opening Day packs out, but I think it would be a cool thing to add!
Old 02-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #11
Rookie

SilvioDante007's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU1B22
To add to the updated player walk ups, I’m making an effort to put together updated stadium sounds (pregame, win, loss, RBI, etc). I’ll try to update some new things added in the thread as we get them included!
Thank you guys for all the hard work! Personally, I'm blown away by all the great things you and Ridin' and crew do every season. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated by all of us as it makes playing the The Show addictive in many respects!

I hope this next part doesn't sound too stupid, but I've always struggled figuring out where to place the hot dog, beer, coke vendor calls, chants (MVP) team cheers ("Let's Go Sox" "Let's Go Cubbies") as well as ballpark organ music, helicopter, airplane, firetruck, seagulls, boat horns and subway sound effects. Can someone post a cheatsheet as to how best to use/place these add-ons?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2020, 02:17 PM   #12
Rookie

Bravofan_36's Arena

I've always utilized the batter walk up, pitcher, and team music features for the Braves with my own music. I have just discovered that you guys put together the sounds, etc. Thank you in advance and I look forward to all of the sounds. I know that it's a lot of work and thank you in advance. With this I will utilize all of the team music etc.

My question is about the sounds i.e. chants, cheers, jeers, plane sounds etc. When added to the SOTS do they come across as normal background noise during gameplay or do they overwhelm the normal gameplay sound? Thanks in advance for the information.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:48 PM   #13
Rookie

SilvioDante007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravofan_36
I've always utilized the batter walk up, pitcher, and team music features for the Braves with my own music. I have just discovered that you guys put together the sounds, etc. Thank you in advance and I look forward to all of the sounds. I know that it's a lot of work and thank you in advance. With this I will utilize all of the team music etc.

My question is about the sounds i.e. chants, cheers, jeers, plane sounds etc. When added to the SOTS do they come across as normal background noise during gameplay or do they overwhelm the normal gameplay sound? Thanks in advance for the information.
I've found them to be terrific add-ons. The sound volume doesn't overwhelm or dominate anything. Of course there are some chants, cheers, jeers that are better sounding than others, so you might want to edit what to insert and what to avoid on your own, but the add-ons are a lot of fun to hear during games.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:09 PM   #14
Rookie

Bravofan_36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvioDante007
I've found them to be terrific add-ons. The sound volume doesn't overwhelm or dominate anything. Of course there are some chants, cheers, jeers that are better sounding than others, so you might want to edit what to insert and what to avoid on your own, but the add-ons are a lot of fun to hear during games.
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

These packs really help with the realism of the game. Wouldnt be the show without them! I will try my best to get the A's and Giants regular like I did last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #16
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvioDante007
Thank you guys for all the hard work! Personally, I'm blown away by all the great things you and Ridin' and crew do every season. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated by all of us as it makes playing the The Show addictive in many respects!

I hope this next part doesn't sound too stupid, but I've always struggled figuring out where to place the hot dog, beer, coke vendor calls, chants (MVP) team cheers ("Let's Go Sox" "Let's Go Cubbies") as well as ballpark organ music, helicopter, airplane, firetruck, seagulls, boat horns and subway sound effects. Can someone post a cheatsheet as to how best to use/place these add-ons?

Thanks!
Ridin' hasn't been on these since we took over. Would love to see him come back in some form.

As for the vendor sounds and cheers... I broke them down to Chants (C) and Yells (Y). When you see a file titled "NYY - (C-CC) Team Chant3" the first C is where it goes within the game, chants or yells. This would go in the chants. The CC is for Crowd Cheer, so it would go in the respective spot for the team or player. "NYY - (C-CJ) Team Jeer Crowd Boo" would also go in the chant section and would be a Crowd Jeer. And so on and so on. I normally fill my team up with chants and jeers for each theme and than add sporadic ones for players. Love how it plays out in games, makes it a bit more random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »