Home

2006 NHL Games to Remain in Development (All)

This is a discussion on 2006 NHL Games to Remain in Development (All) within the Sports Gaming News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News
Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features
NBA 2K League Player Power Rankings (Pre-Playoffs)
NBA Live 19 Introduces The One Court - Allowing Fans to Create and Customize Their Own Courts

Old 03-31-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2006 NHL Games to Remain in Development (All)

GamerCentric has the scoop.
"Despite the absolute lack of a hockey season, and the possibility of another looming if players and owners can't get their act straight, the NHL videogames are safe for now. According to the May issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, not only are the games still a go, but they are currently in development with nothing looking to halt the process."

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2005, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 2006 NHL Games to Remain in Development (All)

Maybe the lockout will prove a good thing for VC/TT, cuz instead of the time to update rosters, stats, etc., they can concentrate on the game-killing franchise freeze. If NHL 2K5 had not had a Season mode, I would have sent that disc flying faster than a Joe Thorton slapshot.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
GamerCentric has the scoop.
"Despite the absolute lack of a hockey season, and the possibility of another looming if players and owners can't get their act straight, the NHL videogames are safe for now. According to the May issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, not only are the games still a go, but they are currently in development with nothing looking to halt the process."
In other news, the developers are working on a new, realistic Franchise Mode. You hit 'Start Franchise', then just stare at the loading screen ...
Old 03-31-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
In other news, the developers are working on a new, realistic Franchise Mode. You hit 'Start Franchise', then just stare at the loading screen ...
I think they might do a Collective Bargaining Agreement mini game, where you negotiate back and forth for days, but it's actually futile and not possible to win
Old 03-31-2005, 11:09 AM   #5
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
LOL!

I generally don't play franchise mode so that bug doesn't bother me. But for all the franchise players, hopefully the freeze is gone in 2k6.

Come to think of it, all VC games need more beta testing.

NHL 2006 is the first non-Warfield game, so I wonder how that will turn out. It's always a bad sign when the lead producer gets fired right before the game comes out. 2005 was complete trash and it's going to take a miracle for EA to even come close to Kush's game next season.

Both games should have a CBA mode where the user gets to lock out the players and leak out stories that give out false hope. Better yet they should give you the option to fire Bettman and Goodenow before you start franchise mode.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Vyce3

OVR:

Not going to buy any new NHL game until the lockout is over. I would only buy a NHL Street game.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm definitely holding out on buying a 2006 NHL game until I hear all the bugs and fixes and improvements. For now I have NHL 2k3, the great NHL game of all-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News »