Home

Vision Passing Headlines New Madden NFL 2006 Features

This is a discussion on Vision Passing Headlines New Madden NFL 2006 Features within the Sports Gaming News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News
Breaking Down FIFA 19's New Features
NBA 2K League Player Power Rankings (Pre-Playoffs)
NBA Live 19 Introduces The One Court - Allowing Fans to Create and Customize Their Own Courts

Old 04-11-2005, 01:57 PM   #17
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Vision Passing Headlines New Madden NFL 2006 Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
...and so let the Madden bashing begin, 5 months before release...
"having an opinion" <> "bashing"
Old 04-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #18
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

Personally, they jury's still out on this.

Based on the title of 'Vision Passing", I was expecting something more signifigant, like Fever's "Read-n-Lead". This sounds like better animation. The amout it actually affects accuracy will determine if it's a gimmick or a solid adition.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #19
Maximum Football Staff

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

The Become a legend feature sounds amazing, I'm also looking forward to Madden this year the concept of vision passing is really appealing.

http://www.MaxFootballGame.com

Twitter - https://twitter.com/MaxFootballGame
https://twitter.com/spearinteractiv
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/maxfootballgame/
Discord - https://discord.gg/z3HJYuB
Old 04-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #20
H*ll *f F*m*

This sounds like EA is trying to prevent ppl from droping back 20 yards and throwing off their opposite foot. Sounds interesting...just hope they fix the runninig game.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:16 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Why is it that some people deride any new features in Madden as "gimmicks", but those same people are the first to praise VC's new features as "innovative"?

If EA had annouced that everyone who bought the game would get a free "NFL cheerleaders gone wild" dvd, some people would still find a reason to complain about it.
VIP is innovative.. Much better then the playmaker & hit stick.. This new feature will probally have tons of problems like all of EA's first yr features. The Haymaker. HFA in NCAA05. Composure in NCAA05. Freestyle in NBA live 03. Hop step in 04.. EA seems to just release a new feature without really testing it, then upgrade it the following yr after tons of ppl complain that its too easy & is easy to abuse..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2005, 05:56 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
VIP is innovative.. Much better then the playmaker & hit stick.. This new feature will probally have tons of problems like all of EA's first yr features. The Haymaker. HFA in NCAA05. Composure in NCAA05. Freestyle in NBA live 03. Hop step in 04.. EA seems to just release a new feature without really testing it, then upgrade it the following yr after tons of ppl complain that its too easy & is easy to abuse..
And other people test their features???? I notice your example does one thing. It compares a non-gameplay feature to gameplay features. Is this an adequate comparison? I'll let you answer that question.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #23
#HTownTakeover

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
A VC fan is complaining about a product being inadequately playtested? Ohhhh-kay...

Seriously, what exactly does any of this have to do with my point? Until we've seen some actual details on how vision passing works (or doesn't work), to simply dismiss it out of hand is just plain ignorant.

Season opener: 9/1 @ Rice 11:00 AM CBSSN

EAT 'EM UP! EAT 'EM UP! GO COOGS GO!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
A VC fan is complaining about a product being inadequately playtested? Ohhhh-kay...

Seriously, what exactly does any of this have to do with my point? Until we've seen some actual details on how vision passing works (or doesn't work), to simply dismiss it out of hand is just plain ignorant.
VC has franchise bugs.. & there QA is much worse then EA's. We are talking about features here. Every first yr 'innovative' feature in a EA sports game is a disaster.. I sited my IE's & you can't dispute the facts. Haymaker.. All reward no risk. Freestyle in 03. Too easy to drive to the hoop & score. Hop step 04. etc.. Maybe these could have been over looked if EA didn't cram them down our throat with their marketing scheme..

EA usually does a pretty good job fixing these problems in later additions. The Freestyle/hop step features are less dominant & can't be abused anymore..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News »