Home

Old 12-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Sticky request?

Is there a way to request a sticky for a thread I made? I've been organising all NHL2K roster updates done between the 5 or 6 of us that have worked on them. Any chance that can be stickied at the top of the Rosters section or the NHL2K section?

This is it here, I think you'll find it useful. Just want it to be easier to access so we don't constantly get people asking what the latest rosters are. I keep it up to date myself because I know all the guys doing rosters.

Thanks, hope it's possible.
Phil

Last edited by tinpanalley; 12-02-2020 at 07:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Sticky request?

That thread hasn't been updated since 5-5-20. It's not fair to other roster creators of the community to make it a sticky. As you post in the thread with your updates, it will automatically get bumped to the top.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
That thread hasn't been updated since 5-5-20. It's not fair to other roster creators of the community to make it a sticky. As you post in the thread with your updates, it will automatically get bumped to the top.
Well actually I updated it today. The thing is, I'll never be adding posts to it because there aren't any other NHL2K games with rosters. If more were added, I'd add them on but that's highly unlikely. We'd have seen updated rosters for 2K4, 2k3, 2k2, etc by now. But I do update frequently the individual posts to add the new rosters made. That's not enough reason to make it more accessible to the people who go looking for rosters instead of asking all the time in other posts?
Old 12-02-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

Ahhhh, I didn't see that you edited an older post. That won't bump it to the top. Is your plan to just keep one post in that thread updated with all NHL 2K rosters that the community has created or updated? I can rename the thread to something else, so users can understand what it is exactly, then sticky it.

Might even be best to copy what you have posted in the replies into the top post, I can delete the old ones when you're done. I just wasn't sure what you had in mind.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-02-2020, 11:25 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Another suggestion that other roster makers/slider makers do is to just create a new post when the original post has been updated. Can be as simple as "OP has been updated."

We don't consider that SPAM as a means to bump a thread in that case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2020, 12:05 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Ahhhh, I didn't see that you edited an older post. That won't bump it to the top. Is your plan to just keep one post in that thread updated with all NHL 2K rosters that the community has created or updated? I can rename the thread to something else, so users can understand what it is exactly, then sticky it.

Might even be best to copy what you have posted in the replies into the top post, I can delete the old ones when you're done. I just wasn't sure what you had in mind.
Well, what I had in mind was simply that the top one is just information, an explanation of what the thread contains, and then each game has its own post, and what I do is when a new roster comes out I go to THAT game's post and add the roster. So that each post is an up to date listing of all rosters available for THAT game. Each one having its own post is to facilitate sharing a specific game's listing with someone and saying, "here, here's 2K8 and all its rosters all in one place with the name of the person making it so you can reach out if necessary. Also makes it easier to add new rosters or edit games without having to edit one giant post which sometimes messes with formatting. I also think it looks better with each game having its own artwork, etc.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 12-03-2020 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #7
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Another suggestion that other roster makers/slider makers do is to just create a new post when the original post has been updated. Can be as simple as "OP has been updated."

We don't consider that SPAM as a means to bump a thread in that case.
Yup, go ahead and do that tin.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-03-2020, 08:19 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Yup, go ahead and do that tin.
Ok. That doesnt keep it up at the top when there arent updates going on though. But if thats the only way, so be it.
Can you at least move it for me to the NHL2K rosters section?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »