Home

Super Mega Baseball 2 Impressions (Xbox, PS4, Steam)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 2 Impressions (Xbox, PS4, Steam) within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2018, 08:13 AM   #1
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Super Mega Baseball 2 Impressions (Xbox, PS4, Steam)

What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Super Mega Baseball 2 Impressions (Xbox, PS4, Steam)

I've only played 2 exhibition games thus far but the game seemingly plays a solid game of baseball. The increase field size seems evident from the get-go. The game looks super clean on an Xbox One X at 4K. While video game sports announcers can get annoying (well, they can in real life too) I'd like to have them included here even if at a basic level as the game is a little quiet overall.

Need to start customizing for my crossover league from past baseball games (Bases Loaded, Baseball Stars, RBI Baseball, etc).
Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Playing on Xbox One

Played 2 games Ego 25 and 2 games at 45.40.45.40 last night. So far, it is everything I was hoping for, in that it maintains the same gameplay feel from the first game, while greatly improving the player models.

Stadiums are very nice and maybe THE highlight graphically. Some of the between inning camera pans genuinly pretty. I, for one, would welcome a stadium DLC.

The team editor is really nice. You can churn out some nice looking stuff with minimal effort.

Didn't run into anything "buggy" in my first games

Early impression gripes would be with the small fonts used for much of the gui information as well as the Balls/Strikes/Outs display. I found this stuff tough to focus in on and grab the info desired within the second or or so given between pitches.

3 DLC packs currently available, all tied to the team editor. $3.49, $3.49, and $4.49
Old 05-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Won my 1st game while getting no hit.. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D172C250-F776-4015-AABC-839FB843C2E2.jpeg (471.6 KB, 463 views)
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Played an online game last night and it was the best online game of baseball I have ever played. I won 4-3, jacking a HR in the top of the 9th and using my closer to to strike out the side in the bottom half.

The gameplay just feels natural, and all of the risk/reward stuff is really well done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #6
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Played an online game last night and it was the best online game of baseball I have ever played. I won 4-3, jacking a HR in the top of the 9th and using my closer to to strike out the side in the bottom half.

The gameplay just feels natural, and all of the risk/reward stuff is really well done.
nice.. this is basically what I like to hear. Thanks for posting that. I didn't play SMB1 but looking forward to this version mainly because of online play available. I'm downloading this on PS4 when I get home from work today if it's available.

Last edited by stevostl; 05-01-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Just one thing I wanna say so far.

If you're coming over from the Show, be aware that while you CAN preload your throw with the meter, there's a certain timing window before you field the ball that you have to hit. It's a generous window, but it's not like The Show where you can pretty much preload your throw the instant the bat makes contact with the ball. If you preload it too early your fielder will just stand in the outfield with the ball. Be aware that human opponents will take extra bases on you all day if you don't have this down.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-01-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
nice.. this is basically what I like to hear. Thanks for posting that. I didn't play SMB1 but looking forward to this version mainly because of online play available. I'm downloading this on PS4 when I get home from work today if it's available.
I hope next year they implement online leagues. For now it is more of a score chasing mode, and pick-up games with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just one thing I wanna say so far.

If you're coming over from the Show, be aware that while you CAN preload your throw with the meter, there's a certain timing window before you field the ball that you have to hit. It's a generous window, but it's not like The Show where you can pretty much preload your throw the instant the bat makes contact with the ball. If you preload it too early your fielder will just stand in the outfield with the ball. Be aware that human opponents will take extra bases on you all day if you don't have this down.
Yeah, I got nailed by this a couple of times.

Gotta give the devs credit, though. Playing the game really does teach you how it works well. When you do something wrong, it makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »