Home

Project Awesome Presents - MLB19 [PC ONLY]

This is a discussion on Project Awesome Presents - MLB19 [PC ONLY] within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
Project Awesome Presents - MLB19 [PC ONLY]

About This File

You can Download the file at MVPMods here:
https://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/1...2019-teampack/

SCREEN SHOTS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Link to 7:30+ of Gameplay Video:
https://youtu.be/CU89cDVA2zA

The PA team would like to share with the Super Mega Baseball community our MLB 30 team pack for your enjoyment. Our pack aims to bring all 30 Major League teams to the SMB2 world to enjoy alongside Metalhead Software’s preexisting teams.

Our design philosophy was to create all 30 MLB teams in SMB2 rated in such a way that they can compete with the game’s stock teams. High ratings of 99 have been reserved for the truly outstanding players!

A lot of hard work and collaboration went into gathering stats, developing helper tools, and compiling, tweaking, or creating from scratch the absolute best logo representations around. We are quite proud of the final product which is a direct result of our team’s dedication to recreating all 30 MLB teams in the SMB2 universe. We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Features:

Realistic logos and uniforms for all 30 MLB teams
Current rosters for all 30 MLB teams
Pitchers have real to life windups, pitch types and arm angles
Recreated all MLB players within SMB2
MLB teams fit in with developer created teams
Unique likenesses for each individual player
Unique custom stats for each individual player
Unique gear and equipment for each individual player

Link to AFerrea’s (JudgeZarbi) Transfer Tool for installing!
https://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/1...transfer-tool/

We want to thank Randallb21 for making this happen as without him this may not of happened.

Rating System Explanation

Our rating system is derived from OOTP ratings, which for the current year are based in turn on ZiPS predictions.

Key points to note about our conversions:

Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) ratings typically run from 0-200 rather than 0-99, so scaling is a simple case of dividing by two

Every stat is increased by 8% in order to give numbers that are fairly competitive with the stock teams

All stats are capped between 1 and 99 in their respective categories after all of the calculations have been performed

Whenever rounding needs to be performed, it's always rounded down.

Power

For power, contact, junk, accuracy, the vsL and vsR ratings are added together and then divided by four. (Divided by two to average, then divided by two again to scale to SMB2)

ARM

For arm, we simply divide the relevant arm rating by two. For IF primaries this is IF arm, for OF primaries it's OF arm and for C primaries it's C arm.

Fielding

For fielding, we combine the range and error ratings and divide by four. The types follow the same as arm, except that for C primaries we simply divide catcher ability by two.

VEL

For velocity, we take the center of the MPH range given by OOTP, and add a random amount of velocity between -0.5 and +0.5 MPH. This allows pitchers who are listed as having the same velocity range to have different velocities. We then scale the velocity between 85 MPH at 1 velocity, and 99 MPH at 99 velocity. The downside of this system is that repeatedly generating stats will give differing velocities to each pitcher (unless they fall well off the top or the bottom of the scale). We decided this trade-off was worth it to avoid the situation where every pitcher with a certain range would have identical velocity.

The formula to convert MPH to a velo stat is given as ((mph - 85) * (98/14) + 1). Apply the 8% increase after.

Speed

Speed was a tough decision to make. It was hard to find a formula that would give good results for both modern and historical players. Eventually, we settled on using a combination of fielding range, stealing ability, and running speed.

Positional Stats

For P/IF primaries, we use running speed, stealing ability, and IF range, and divide by six. (Divided by three to average, then two again to scale)

For OF primaries, we use running speed, stealing ability, and OF range, and divide by six.

For C primaries, since they don't have a range, we use running speed and stealing ability alone and divide by four.

FAQ

Q: How do I install this wonderful teampack?

A: With Ferrea's PC Team Transfer Tool that you can find here
https://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/1...transfer-tool/

Q: Why isn’t player X on Y team ?

A: We know that everything isn’t going to be 100% accurate due to Trades/ DFA’s/ Free Agency/ and Call-ups/Send-downs taking place all the time. Also SMB2 has a roster limitation of 21 players so 4 from the active roster had to be cut.

Q: Why is my teams logo/uniform X or Y ?

A: There is a only so much we can do with the built in editor and there is also a layer limit that we have to work within. We all want them as accurate as possible, we did the best we could within the game limitations.

Q: Why are some of the away uniforms the teams alternative colored versions ?

A: While we understand this isn’t the normal away jerseys for many teams we enjoy incorporating more color to our uniform designs. This game is fun and colorful so we wanted to add our own color to the MLB teams.

Q: Why is player X only have Y for his Power stat, he totally is a prospect and will be hitting .525 by the end of his career ?

A: First of all please refer to the section regarding how we determined our stats for this project. We settled on stats for players that fit within existing SMB2 teams so that we could use our MLB teams to play against the already awesome teams the developers created. We also built our rosters on current playing players that were active on the team. We stayed away from projecting our opinions and assumptions on how we think a player will perform in the future. The rosters created are based on the rosters of today, we may provide an update at the end of the season to bring the rosters inline with how they may have changed. In addition, OOTP tends to underrate prospects until they prove that it is their actual skill level.

Q: Why is the VEL stat for X not his exact real life MPH ?

A: This ties into our design philosophy and making sure the the players fit in the SMB2 world. We scaled the VEL stat to reflect their real life MPH and also create diversity between pitchers. We did not want everyone with 95~ VEL. In addition, we wanted to be able to use the same formula for historical players, where PitchF/X data is not available, so compromises had to be made.

Q: Can I change a players stats to whatever I want and make them look how I see fit ?

A: Of course you can! This game is all about creating and sharing and we want you change whatever you want to. We just ask a couple things. Please only make these changes for your personal use only. Please don’t re-release our work as your own.

Credits:

Aferrea
Archangel_Alan
kccitystar
Randallb21
TheRosterFarian
tjans
Tootblan
Wiggin
woofy
ZachAlmighty

Resources:

Out of the Park Baseball 2019
Google Images
Youtube
Baseball-Reference.com
Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)
MLB 20: The Show (PS4)
Street Fighter V (PS4/PC)
Super Mega Baseball 3 (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)

BS: San Jose State 01'
MA: Michigan State 11'

Last edited by RandallB21; 05-21-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2019, 07:03 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Project Awesome Presents - MLB19 [PC ONLY]

This looks great. I just wrapped up a season with my custom teams, so I will download these and check them out.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
This looks great. I just wrapped up a season with my custom teams, so I will download these and check them out.
Let me know how you like it!
Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)

Old 05-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35

These are really good. I played with the Tribe and Lindor and Santana really look like themselves out in the field.

A couple of roster things I noticed:

The Twins had the pitcher batting 6th in their lineup.
Several players have the wrong position, including Bryce Harper. You may want to go through the lineups and see which guys have a red dot indicating they are out of position.
On the Indians pitching staff, I would substitute Carlos Carrassco and Mike Clevinger for Rodriguez and Bieber.

Thanks so much for putting these together.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Man, i wish i could get these on the xbox version. UGH. So awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2019, 03:04 AM   #6
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
These are really good. I played with the Tribe and Lindor and Santana really look like themselves out in the field.

A couple of roster things I noticed:

The Twins had the pitcher batting 6th in their lineup.
Several players have the wrong position, including Bryce Harper. You may want to go through the lineups and see which guys have a red dot indicating they are out of position.
On the Indians pitching staff, I would substitute Carlos Carrassco and Mike Clevinger for Rodriguez and Bieber.

Thanks so much for putting these together.

I thought we had fixed the Harper position. Sorry about that.

And the Twins pitcher in the 6th hole is weird. I’ll get on that.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)

Old 05-29-2019, 01:40 AM   #7
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

Version 4.0 is up.

Fixed positions, updated some ratings, added some players.

Corrected all out of position players
Added Players:
Miguel Sano (MIN)
Brendan Rodgers (COL)
Gregory Polanco (PIT)
Keon Broxton (BAL)
Carlos Gomez (NYM)
Harold Ramirez (MIA)
Oscar Mercado (CLE)
Mike Yastrzemski (SF)
Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (TOR)
Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)

Old 01-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

I just wanted to stop by and say Thank You for this. I have been looking at this game for while now so decided that I would pop into this forum and peruse some stuff. Anyway, I saw this and noticed Steam had it on sale so I bought it and it is a blast.

You all did an excellent job on the rosters and the teams look amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »