Home

EA Purchases Metalhead Software to Grow Super Mega Baseball Franchise & Develop Other Sports Games

This is a discussion on EA Purchases Metalhead Software to Grow Super Mega Baseball Franchise & Develop Other Sports Games within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2021, 10:54 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Purchases Metalhead Software to Grow Super Mega Baseball Franchise & Develop O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawhitham
Is MVP Baseball coming back?

https://twitter.com/SaycheeseDGTL/st...07870022881286

https://www.ea.com/news/announcing-t...otlight-series
July 20th says "new addition to an extremely popular and long-running EA SPORTS franchise"

It's gonna be NCAA, dude. Might be both basketball and football.

The only way EA is going to do a AAA baseball game is if they get the exclusive license, which I am sure they would have gotten if Sony refused to make an Xbox version of The Show.

They expected the ruling we saw in the Supreme Court, and now they will start signing players to their game(s).

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 07-07-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2021, 06:52 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: EA Purchases Metalhead Software to Grow Super Mega Baseball Franchise & Develop O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawhitham
Is MVP Baseball coming back?

https://twitter.com/SaycheeseDGTL/st...07870022881286

https://www.ea.com/news/announcing-t...otlight-series
July 20th says "new addition to an extremely popular and long-running EA SPORTS franchise"
I'm guessing this means a new feature in Madden or FIFA.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I'm guessing this means a new feature in Madden or FIFA.
Hypermotion seems like it would fit that very well.

― Plato
Old 08-04-2021, 10:57 AM   #44
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm not optimistic.

We know the priorities will shift, and within a few years, there will be a lot that is well-loved by the game that will be gone.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #45
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom3
You have to think EA realizes the revenue opportunity available by expanding the Super Mega Baseball series to other sports such as football, basketball, and hockey. This would be amazing.
It's all about execution.

I hope they come with good single-player modes, because I'm not spending my money to compete online via pay-to-win crap.

EA sucks, and Metalhead knows it. It's like watching a child being given to a drug addict to raise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2022, 10:26 AM   #46
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

If Super Mega expands to other sports, would you want/expect them to keep the same players and teams?

For example, Super Mega Football and Handley Dexterez is a WR (or whatever) for the Beewolves... or different players, same team identities? all new everything?

I like their characters, but I don't know if any of them really stand out as being "different" or "special" outside of their abilities. They don't have personalities really. Would love it if they did though... then in that case, I would definitely like to see players carry over from sport to sport.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:47 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
If Super Mega expands to other sports, would you want/expect them to keep the same players and teams?

For example, Super Mega Football and Handley Dexterez is a WR (or whatever) for the Beewolves... or different players, same team identities? all new everything?

I like their characters, but I don't know if any of them really stand out as being "different" or "special" outside of their abilities. They don't have personalities really. Would love it if they did though... then in that case, I would definitely like to see players carry over from sport to sport.
I want to say EA has the non-exclusive MLB license since the 2k third party officially expired and how MLB made the show go non-exclusive. If Super Mega Baseball is going to be under EA now, I do think we'll see real players in SMB next year.

So, if EA greenlights more sports for Metalhead, then I think we'll see real players. Having real players sell better than having fictional players. I would love a Super Mega Football, but not sure if MetalHead's translates to football. And I would prefer them not to use Frostbite.

The new Super Mega Baseball should be slated to release Spring 2023. So unless there is a delay, we should hear something soon

Last edited by illwill10; 12-13-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:19 PM   #48
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie

I'd definitely love that. This is what Humongous Entertainment did for the Backyard Sports series (Pablo Sanchez, Mikey Thomas, Pete Wheeler, etc.), and it would be cool if they did that here as well.

The only reason they maybe wouldn't is because some names are baseball puns themselves, like Hammer Longballo or Hito Moonshata. For football, you'd want something like Phil Beck (for fullback, bad example but you know what I mean).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »