Home

Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
I remember reading the same, but it's not there unless it's unlockable, there are 5 difficulty levels displayed

very easy
easy
normal
hard
very hard
You unlock "Expert" Difficulty by winning a Grand Slam Tournament in Career Mode on Very Hard

(sorry I forgot to put the whole thing in there at first)

Last edited by Panicshade; 03-15-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
If you jump into the career on hard, can you drop back down to normal if you are getting crushed? Or vice versa?

I started beating the demo on hard about 50% of the time or so..seems like the game moves a lot better on that level though..normal felt sluggish.
Yeah, you can change difficulties throughout. I also recommend turning off the in-game helpers and changing the cameras around too because I personally don't like the default and turning the in-game helpers off leads to a lot more unforced errors and things like that. The only thing I leave on is the fatigue bar.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #19

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Also note worthy, User Andy Roddick = User LeBron James x12480971241. I played my brother and used Roddick... literally had an ace every single serve besides like 2 where he guessed which way I was going to hit it.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Also note worthy, User Andy Roddick = User LeBron James x12480971241. I played my brother and used Roddick... literally had an ace every single serve besides like 2 where he guessed which way I was going to hit it.
Uh oh this is not good. Were you using those Captain Hook serves and positioning yourself to the farthest point near the doubles line when serving because I complained with TS3 that people online would keep doing that and get an ace almost every serve. An easy fix would be just not allow the server to reposition himself by moving up and down the line when serving. Program it in a way where they have to be stationary in one spot near the middle of the court when serving, like the pros do, and problem solved. Much like how the pitchers in the Show can't move around until after the pitch is thrown. I guess none of the devs were listening. I guess everyone will be using Roddick after a week.

I'm not liking the way you got spanked on very hard either. I'm hoping maybe it's a strategy thing rather than the AI just being superhuman.

I just bought the game and now I'm a little bit afraid to to open it but then again online has always been cheezy for every sports game ever made so maybe I'm overreacting because i want this for career mode anyways. And maybe play online with someone who doesn't play as Roddick.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-15-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #21

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Uh oh this is not good. Were you using those Captain Hook serves and positioning yourself to the farthest point near the doubles line when serving because I complained with TS3 that people online would keep doing that and get an ace almost every serve. An easy fix would be just not allow the server to reposition himself by moving up and down the line when serving. If they have to stand near the middle of the court like the pros do and problem solved. I guess none of the devs were listening.

I'm not liking the way you got spanked on very hard either. I'm hoping maybe it's a strategy thing rather than the AI just being superhuman.

I just bought the game and now I'm afraid to to open it.
Regarding Andy Roddick, I just served from where the AI places you by default so I wasn't moved outside. I was blasting it past my brother with the right stick serves (fastest serve was 139 MPH), I mixed in a couple Captain Hooks too, but you can get aces with the Captain Hooks even serving 80 MPH if you catch the opponent off guard. The scary part was that I could do a regular right stick serve and just pick corners with it (I've gotten pretty good at serving from playing the demo a ton) and it was just too fast for my brother to react at all. He was using Andre Agassi at the time, and when he served, he was able to score pretty well against me because Agassi is incredible, but man, Roddick is so strong in this game when you can hit a power shot.

** I should also note that I'm just flat out better than my brother. I play on hard difficulty and he plays on normal. And when we played each other again, he made me use Tomic and he used Rafael Nadal and I beat him 6-2 6-1 6-2.

And in regards to the AI spanking me on Very Hard, that was a different guy that posted that. I haven't tried Very Hard yet because my matches on Hard have been very competitve for at least 1 set in each match. I think I may try Very Hard for my next tournament though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Uh oh this is not good. Were you using those Captain Hook serves and positioning yourself to the farthest point near the doubles line when serving because I complained with TS3 that people online would keep doing that and get an ace almost every serve. An easy fix would be just not allow the server to reposition himself by moving up and down the line when serving. Program it in a way where they have to be stationary in one spot near the middle of the court when serving like the pros are and problem solved. Much like how the pitchers in the Show can't move around until after the pitch is thrown. I guess none of the devs were listening.

I just bought the game and now I'm afraid to to open it.
Very Hard never felt cheap, like you speculated I pretty much got outstrategized and didnt focus enough once I dug a hole for myself.

As far as the serves, I agree they seem easier than TS2 and TS3, but one thing I noticed as they don't let you setup as far wide as they did in previous games.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #23
Banned

OK now i feel better. I did remember reading somewhere that the devs thought the very hard level was the best to play at for sim players. Thanks guys. Time to go tear open the case.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Yeah, you can change difficulties throughout.
Luckily they didn't screw up that part. Nothing would be worse than finding out the game is getting too easy on a certain difficulty after awhile in career mode and than having to start all over again like what happens with alot of action\shooting games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »