Home

Is Top Spin 4 career mode like a sports RPG?

This is a discussion on Is Top Spin 4 career mode like a sports RPG? within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Is Top Spin 4 career mode like a sports RPG?

Hey,

I've had alot of help from guys on these forums in explaining the pros and cons of some good sports titles and their respective career (or franchise) modes. The one's I've played that stand out as brilliant are Road to the Show, My player on NBA 2k11, and closed legacy on College Hoops 2K8 and being a manager on Football Manager 2011.

My question is how does Top Spin 4 fare in the career mode. As basically a single player game, I think it would lend itself well to this type of mode. I've also heard there are things like press conference and appearances and stuff to break up the 'sports' bits.

I'm looking for a solid game (and purely offline, cause i'm not an online gamer at all) which allows me to build and invest into a character and their development and progress, much like an RPG and much like RTTS or My Player.

Any opinions and stories and stuff would be really helpful.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Is Top Spin 4 career mode like a sports RPG?

There's little charity matches that you have to do, but nothing in depth on the 2K11 level as far as press conferences or stuff like that. You have special events like photo shoots and commercial appearances, but you don't actually GO to them, you just click on them and gain fans from them. So in that regard it's not very RPG like and strictly on court in what you do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »