Home

Topspin 4 - match length ?

This is a discussion on Topspin 4 - match length ? within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #25
Rookie

mhanson93's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Topspin 4 - match length ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Unless you watch every cutscene (I don't know anyone that does) and every set goes to a 7-6 tiebreaker you won't come close to playing 90 minutes. Your average match going 5 sets would take an hour and obviously less for a 4 or 3 setter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I've only played a couple matches (on clay, at that, so pts last longer) and although every one has gone two sets, they've been about 45 minutes for me without watching the cut scenes. I wish 2K had an in-game save option - I only end up playing TS4 at night before going to bed because otherwise I'd worry about needing to be somewhere.
That doesn't sound too bad. I think I'll play using the "real tennis" setting. Thanks guys!
Tennis: Andy Roddick
NBA: Yawn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #26
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanson93
That doesn't sound too bad. I think I'll play using the "real tennis" setting. Thanks guys!
Expect many games to last longer than 45 minutes especially in Grand Slam Tournaments.I recently had a 1st set that lasted 1h08min.Every single game went to deuce and there was a continuous deuce->adv->deuce that was really exhausting for me.Won 6-4.If game went to tie-break it will be surely a 90min first set duration.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Mystery to me ... why does my son's TS4 career have only super-tie-break tournaments, and I have full six-game-set tournaments, right from the very first one in January of my first year?

On the main options screen, we both have the same setting: the "regular" or "normal" (I'm not at game right now and cannot remember exact wording). The only other option I recall was the Top Spin setting (three games per set). My son has no idea (he's 19 and bright) why or when he would have chosen a super-tie-break only option.

I started a TS4 career on my regular PS3 on Monday. Right from the first tournament, mine are six-games-per-set matches.

My son started a TS4 career yesterday. His first tournament and the next six months' tournaments were all super-tie-break only.

Huh?

Possible explanations: 1) we are insane; 2) we are lieing; 3) we don't have the same settings on the main options even though we think we do; 4) the fact that I'm on the regular PS3 and he has a slim PS3; 4) his game went through an "install" process that I don't remember mine going through. I don't recall seeing him do a patch download, but I definitely d'loaded the latest patch. I think I already had the base file for TS4 on my system, from an install a year ago, whereas my son did not.

???
Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #28
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
Mystery to me ... why does my son's TS4 career have only super-tie-break tournaments, and I have full six-game-set tournaments, right from the very first one in January of my first year?

On the main options screen, we both have the same setting: the "regular" or "normal" (I'm not at game right now and cannot remember exact wording). The only other option I recall was the Top Spin setting (three games per set). My son has no idea (he's 19 and bright) why or when he would have chosen a super-tie-break only option.

I started a TS4 career on my regular PS3 on Monday. Right from the first tournament, mine are six-games-per-set matches.

My son started a TS4 career yesterday. His first tournament and the next six months' tournaments were all super-tie-break only.

Huh?

Possible explanations: 1) we are insane; 2) we are lieing; 3) we don't have the same settings on the main options even though we think we do; 4) the fact that I'm on the regular PS3 and he has a slim PS3; 4) his game went through an "install" process that I don't remember mine going through. I don't recall seeing him do a patch download, but I definitely d'loaded the latest patch. I think I already had the base file for TS4 on my system, from an install a year ago, whereas my son did not.

???
The super tie-break option is ticked for him.So, eveywhere a No except maybe 1) insane?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »