Home

which is better VT4 or TS4

This is a discussion on which is better VT4 or TS4 within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
which is better VT4 or TS4

im a fan of both games. but due to economic reasons i can just buy 1. which do you recommend for 360 and why? (dont have kinect)

thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: which is better VT4 or TS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
im a fan of both games. but due to economic reasons i can just buy 1. which do you recommend for 360 and why? (dont have kinect)

thanks in advance.
Haven't really followed the development of Virtua Tennis 4, but I think it's gonna be pretty difficult for it to play a better game of tennis than Top Spin 4, especially if you plan on playing with a controller and not a motion device.

TS4 has gotten pretty much glowing reviews from everyone and really only lacks depth and authenticity within the career mode, almost everything else is rock solid. It would be no brainer if I had to choose...

Old 04-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Haven't really followed the development of Virtua Tennis 4, but I think it's gonna be pretty difficult for it to play a better game of tennis than Top Spin 4, especially if you plan on playing with a controller and not a motion device.

TS4 has gotten pretty much glowing reviews from everyone and really only lacks depth and authenticity within the career mode, almost everything else is rock solid. It would be no brainer if I had to choose...
I agree. Top Spin 4 is going to be hard to beat.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer

what do you mean "only lacks depth and authenticity within the career mode"? its hard to play online nowadays because majority of the players online only care for a win even to the point of exploiting some "bugs"
Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
MVP

canucksss's Arena

by the way i have both VT3 and TS3. what's the exciting part in TS4 not found in TS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
by the way i have both VT3 and TS3. what's the exciting part in TS4 not found in TS3?
Have you played TS4?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
what do you mean "only lacks depth and authenticity within the career mode"? its hard to play online nowadays because majority of the players online only care for a win even to the point of exploiting some "bugs"
Wait, you mean some people in Top Spin exploit bugs in the game like every other game ever played online?! I think I might have to go return my copy now...
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 04-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
issues with career mode:
-you can't play it with a real pro, you have to use your created player
-number of players in each tournament are very low compared to the real thing

online play is fine, I've played a ton of matches, you get to see your opponent and their player before accepting a match. I've seen the idiots that try to play with created players maxed out to 100 in every category and just decline the game everytime. Most players online like to use Nadal because he's a good player that can chase down balls most others can't normally get to. I've destroyed Nadal's with pretty much all the weaker players on the pro roster (Chang, Rafter, Wawrinka, Davydenko).

The game plays fair, there probably needs to be more unforced errors but I can deal with it how it is. There are certain players (Roddick, Sampras, Blake) who wield incredible serves that can cause trouble but most of them are pretty crappy overall and you can win in other ways and just get by breaking their serves a few times.

It's a big step up from TS3, if you have Live or PSN access I'd recommend you download the demo and check it out yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »