Home

Virtua Tennis 4 Review [Eurogamer]

This is a discussion on Virtua Tennis 4 Review [Eurogamer] within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 46
Virtua Tennis 4 Review [Eurogamer]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ennis-4-review

Quote:
A mixed success, then. The core strength of the experience ensures Virtua Tennis 4 is best in class where it matters, on the court. Likewise, a well-structured World Tour mode, while slightly anachronistic in its straight Japanese presentation, provides a sense of journey and progression that is wholly engaging. But the motion controls, core selling points for many buyers, are woefully implemented and provide little interest or value. If nothing else, it's a specific shortcoming that should keep Sega's financiers happy – providing, as it does, room for improvement in the inevitable sequel.
8/10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Virtua Tennis 4 Review [Eurogamer]

I haven't played Virtua Tennis before but love TS4...this review surprised me. Is VT really "the best video game approximation of the sport available?" I've just seen screenshots, and it's lost me with images of diving players and trails of light behind the ball.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I haven't played Virtua Tennis before but love TS4...this review surprised me. Is VT really "the best video game approximation of the sport available?" I've just seen screenshots, and it's lost me with images of diving players and trails of light behind the ball.
Winner...Winner...yep that seems like what some players want with the diving, tennis balls that look like meteorites, unable to make unforced errors. In other words a mixture of pong and NBA Jam.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Finding good tennis instructors and tennis coaches is difficult. The vast majority are former college or high school players who look reasonably good hitting a ball, but have little actual teaching experience.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
Winner...Winner...yep that seems like what some players want with the diving, tennis balls that look like meteorites, unable to make unforced errors. In other words a mixture of pong and NBA Jam.
Sadly, that really is all I want out of a Tennis game. I know i should appreciate the realism of Top Spin, but I've loved Virtua Tennis for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #6
Rookie

I have payed and I am of the view that what they showed was much the same as wii tennis. It tracks your swing ok, but there is no direct control of movement. It might be they change this down the track, but until they do it isn't all the exciting for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »