Home

Top Spin 4 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Top Spin 4 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

I assume they act the same way real tennis goes. You play a tournament, then those points come off the following year. So say you played a 1-star tournament in January 2011, and then the Australian Open in January 2012. You win both. Those points in January '11 come off, but you add on the AO points. If you play a tournament in February '11 and then skip February '12, your ranking will go down (unless you are that far ahead of the people around you).

In real life, that is while Djokovic is gaining so quickly on Nadal. Yes, he's winning, but he is also defending a lot less points than Nadal. Even if Nadal wins every tournament from now until Wimbledon, I am pretty sure Djokovic can still become #1 if he got to the finals of those tournaments since he is defending less points.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcats
I assume they act the same way real tennis goes. You play a tournament, then those points come off the following year. So say you played a 1-star tournament in January 2011, and then the Australian Open in January 2012. You win both. Those points in January '11 come off, but you add on the AO points. If you play a tournament in February '11 and then skip February '12, your ranking will go down (unless you are that far ahead of the people around you).

In real life, that is while Djokovic is gaining so quickly on Nadal. Yes, he's winning, but he is also defending a lot less points than Nadal. Even if Nadal wins every tournament from now until Wimbledon, I am pretty sure Djokovic can still become #1 if he got to the finals of those tournaments since he is defending less points.
That's what I was alluding to in my post. Thanks for expressing it a little more clearly than I could.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I'm still in training but these controls are awful. You have to time your swings,time your aim and move at the same time. Since moving and aiming are on the same stick that makes it very difficult to time the aim. Then there's the serves. Don't get me started on the serves. Hopefully it's not quite the nusiance in the actual games.

Well it seems easy is just right. Might enjoy this one. They just kinda stand there on very easy.

Last edited by goh; 05-17-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #12
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'm still in training but these controls are awful. You have to time your swings,time your aim and move at the same time. Since moving and aiming are on the same stick that makes it very difficult to time the aim. Then there's the serves. Don't get me started on the serves. Hopefully it's not quite the nusiance in the actual games.

Well it seems easy is just right. Might enjoy this one. They just kinda stand there on very easy.
Did you do the Top Spin Academy tutorial? It actually helps a lot with the timing and such.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #13
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Yes that's what I meant by training. Took me nearly 30 minutes on one of the serve things.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh

After 2-3 full games you'll feel comfortable with these controls.Hopefully, in Top Spin 5 we'll see an alternate control scheme as a second option where aiming will be done with the RS (pretty much like Rockstar's Table Tennis controls).
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh

Well if you think that is hard, it is a lot tougher executing it on a real court...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
After 2-3 full games you'll feel comfortable with these controls.Hopefully, in Top Spin 5 we'll see an alternate control scheme as a second option where aiming will be done with the RS (pretty much like Rockstar's Table Tennis controls).
It takes some practice, but the controls are actually pretty good once you get the hang of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »