Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #33
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxen
Don't care for the controls at all. I feel like I have no control over point construction and to which side I hit the ball too. It just doesn't click for me sadly.
Use the face buttons. Much better than the sticks.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15
Gameplay-wise I'm totally disappointed by the demo, it plays and animates like an arcade game, I can't compare it with TS4 because it's not a sim.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1
The thing i found dissapointing is the movement, it felt very scripted and auto locked on. Sometimes it feels like you are merely suggesting where your player should run before you get sucked into an animation. I like the idea of racquet on the right stick and movement on the left but hopefully there might be a match speed slider. I also found the ball hard to locate when coming at you, its rather small on the screen. Commentary is a revelation... very interesting game, could be a great alternative to whats out there already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 30
Played the PS3 demo yesterday and I really like the feel of it. Great graphics but I didn't like what felt like cutscenes instead of real time camera cuts. In this day and age, ALL sports games should have real time cam cuts.

Now, as a former fan of VT who felt like VT never made the current gen leap it should have, and a person who only played the TS4 demo where it felt like the players just hovered above the courts and glided and skated everywhere, I feel I'm connected to the ground and game more so in the GS2 demo.

I like this and will be copping this game.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #37
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

I have never bought a tennis game, but I will be buying this one. Loved the demo.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #38
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

i totally enjoyed the demo. I will agree that the movement of the players are questionable, but it is a demo right? This is not the complete product right?

I will admit the game may have an arcade feel, but the presentation, stat overlays, commentary gives the game more of a fun factor to me. I can accept 90% simulation if the presentation variables are good.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
i totally enjoyed the demo. I will agree that the movement of the players are questionable, but it is a demo right? This is not the complete product right?

I will admit the game may have an arcade feel, but the presentation, stat overlays, commentary gives the game more of a fun factor to me. I can accept 90% simulation if the presentation variables are good.
I really agree with what you say. I enjoy the espn presentation and I have high hopes for the tournaments - I believe not all Wimbledon matches are played on center court and that they have more courts. I think this game will play quicker than TS4, which was time-consuming. Hopefully GS2 has an in-game save for us because I love 5-set matches in GS's, but rarely have time to play them.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #40
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I really agree with what you say. I enjoy the espn presentation and I have high hopes for the tournaments - I believe not all Wimbledon matches are played on center court and that they have more courts. I think this game will play quicker than TS4, which was time-consuming. Hopefully GS2 has an in-game save for us because I love 5-set matches in GS's, but rarely have time to play them.
The more I have played the demo, the more I like it.

A. The commentary is great, there are enough things being said and it is mixed up pretty well. I would like though to hear McEnroe make comments about each player though. Maybe these lines are in the final game.

b. Unforced errors, I see alot of them. At least 2-4 from the Cpu and 1-2 by me in each match. If the Cpu has 3 every 3 games thats 6 a set and on course for 30 in a 5 set match. I can live with that.

c. I have not won a game on the Pro level, got the games to deuce, but thats about it. Game seems tough for me which I like, but then again my reactions are not like they used to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »