Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 - 360 impressions

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 - 360 impressions within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 - 360 impressions

Any chance that you can upload some videos to youtube? Or anyone else with these created players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #42
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Any chance that you can upload some videos to youtube? Or anyone else with these created players?
That is the plan my friend:0 this week with created players and old school 4:3 cameras
Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Got the game over the weekend after reading some of the posts. First tennis game since Dreamcast for me, so it is taking a little getting used to. Training mode helped out alot.

The game owns, but I have some issues. I am pretty much only interested in playing online and here's my impressions:

Cant play doubles quick match (must have two people on the xbox)
Everyone uses Djokavic
Everyone rushes the net after the serve and stays there

I thought it was lag, but it's not(?), and pretty frequently you will think that the ball is going to get by the player and the game literally stops the ball in mid air for them to get to it. It looks like the ball magnetically goes to the racquet. This is my biggest problem and I can tell if I invest a bunch of time into the game I will be frustrated more and more every time I see it.

Higher rated players seem insanely better. I was using the lower rated player Kei and felt completely outmatched. When my opponents would rush the net, seemingly every time I hit a lob shot to try and get them back, they would just just jump up and smash it across the court.

Many of the matches felt like it was just hitting back and forth until the game arbitrarily either made someone's shot go out of bounds, or had a player do a dive for no particular reason leaving the court wide open.

I don't expect to pick the game up and be totally confident or good yet, but there is just something about it that feels like all that matters is picking higher tier players.

I am hopefully just missing something or not understanding something yet. I will continue to play the game though because it is fun.

Graphics and commentary own as well.

Last edited by kevinc; 02-20-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 6

So if you create and edit the existing players can you play against them in career mode with all the edits ?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 10

I have the same question but more with respect to setting up a Major from the 4th round lets say with all created players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #46
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I didn't think much of player creation. That was one concern I had. So I've just been playing through the classic matches. My other concern from the demo was that rookie was too easy and amatuer too difficult. With no sliders there's nothing to do about that.

I haven't had any outs but I did have 2 unforced errors so far.

Really like the commentary,however they're repeating the "What are the pros and cons of hitting it deep?" lines too much.

For anyone concerned no you don't need gold to download or upload players.

Oi! How do you dive? There's a goal in one of the classics to have a diving return.

Last edited by goh; 02-23-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any news on a possible patch? They need to let us select difficulty in the career mode. It's BS that you already have 8 grand slam titles in your first two years because of the easy difficulty. It feels like you didn't earn them.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #48
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

More than that when you actually have your stats up later and should earn them it'll probably be overly difficult. Though I suspect that's another issue. I think I only went up to a 42 after the one year I played. If you only go up by 6 points a year you're going to be a 59 and playing on the hardest difficulty. How are you supposed to get anywhere like that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »