Home

What A Joke Grand Slam Tennis 2 Must Be

This is a discussion on What A Joke Grand Slam Tennis 2 Must Be within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What A Joke Grand Slam Tennis 2 Must Be

So after playing the demo and seeing 1-handers and crazy net-rushing, I passed on the release of Grand Slam Tennis 2. I occasionally search for new information, reviews and general buzz while waiting for the price to drop (don't need to waste money on this game right now).

Anyway, what I've discovered is that this game is literally a joke. No one even talks about it. The game is so flawed, and the only thing it does well is look good in stills. This has to be one of the most least talked about games in EA Sports history. It's a shame too, because Grand Slam Tennis on Wii was really fun. It was arcady, but in a good way. Everyone expected it to grow up for the PS3/Xbox. Instead, we get an even more arcady game with a bunch of net-rushing and terrible net physics.

I really wish Smash Court Tennis would come back with a game, or at least Top Spin. However, thanks to EA and Wimbledon, those games will never be complete. That's why I still hope that someone actually gets it and makes a Grand Slam Tennis 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What A Joke Grand Slam Tennis 2 Must Be

Never judge a game based on the demo.

GST2 isn't terrible, but if you're a big tennis guy then you should have TS4 sitting in your console.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 04-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is bad.

The game would be awesome with some fixes:

Fatigue on power shots and movement. Fatigue should also drain faster when playing close to the net.

More out of bounds shots.
The only time I ever see the ball go out of bounds is by slicing from the far right of the baseline to the left hand corner.

I stopped playing awhile ago. I think the production is top notch and the gameplay itself is pretty good overall. It's just flawed in a way that makes it unplayable- particularly online. The top players online literally have net approaches in the 100's by the time a complete game is finished.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes, it is very much a joke!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinT
Never judge a game based on the demo.

GST2 isn't terrible, but if you're a big tennis guy then you should have TS4 sitting in your console.
Yes, you are right...but the people who own this game must not care at all. There is very little chatter surrounding this game. That's a sign itself.

I'm just waiting for it to be like $10-$20. Might be worth a shot then. Probably not though.

If Top Spin just had the same create-a-player feature, Wimbledon and real grunts (adds to the realism more than you think), they would have about as good of a tennis game as we are going to see. A challenge system would be cool too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinT
...but if you're a big tennis guy then you should have TS4 sitting in your console.
Not a big tennis guy, but into it enough to buy a good tennis game. I just can't get past TS4 not having commentary. I'm still confused about why they would do that.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Not a big tennis guy, but into it enough to buy a good tennis game. I just can't get past TS4 not having commentary. I'm still confused about why they would do that.
If you really want a good tennis game don't let the lack of commentary (which all gets repetitive anyway in all sports games) stop you from buying one of the years best sports titles.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 07-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm not a big tennis guy, but the sport is growing on me.
Currently playing Virtua Tennis and I am on the market for a sim tennis game.

Can't decide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »