Home

Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018 within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #81
Rookie

detroitlions12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

I can’t wait for this game. I haven’t been overly impressed with the gameplay but it has seemed to have improved every time a new video comes out. I’ve got high hopes for this game and can’t wait till next Tuesday!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #82
Rookie

Re: Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

There are a couple of European previews out, one on the Italian Eurogamer site. Sounds like the gameplay is better than AO Tennis but very little customisation. So the ideal release may well be Tennis World Tour gameplay with AO Tennis creation features.. hmm!
Old 05-16-2018, 06:16 PM   #83
Rookie

I am curious if there will be a distinct difference between players.

Different serving styles, top spin amount, etc

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14

From what we’ve seen I doubt it.

Ea sports doesn’t have player individuality in any of its games..nhl/fifa/madden but nobody cares.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #85
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14

No. All the motion capture was done at an actual tennis court.

What I hope to hear more (starts around the 2:05 mark) talks about how the AI adapts towards your tendencies and uses different skill cards to make things more challenging. Hope to hear more about it when the reviews come out. They can explain better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVLRXNF_NVI

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 AM   #86
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Wink Re: Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
No. All the motion capture was done at an actual tennis court.

What I hope to hear more (starts around the 2:05 mark) talks about how the AI adapts towards your tendencies and uses different skill cards to make things more challenging. Hope to hear more about it when the reviews come out. They can explain better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVLRXNF_NVI

At around the 4:10 mark of the above video I seen something kind of really lame or you could say funny I guess but certainly wouldn't fit something Federer would do on the court period.

He won a point vs Monfils & starting playing his tennis racket like a guitar. Now, some players do have some interesting reactions to points in real life but Federer certainly isn't one of those players that would do that.

It was kind of funny to see really but not an actual realization in tennis of how Roger would react to any point he has won regardless of how he won that point. LOL!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #87
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
At around the 4:10 mark of the above video I seen something kind of really lame or you could say funny I guess but certainly wouldn't fit something Federer would do on the court period.

He won a point vs Monfils & starting playing his tennis racket like a guitar. Now, some players do have some interesting reactions to points in real life but Federer certainly isn't one of those players that would do that.

It was kind of funny to see really but not an actual realization in tennis of how Roger would react to any point he has won regardless of how he won that point. LOL!
I wish stuff like that wouldn't even be in the game. Not sure the appeal or why anyone cares to see it.

Created player? Sure. A real player, what's the point? It removes realism.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 4

Steam amended the release date of TWT to June 12.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »