Home

Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018 within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #33
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

"All of this is built on a much more comprehensive use of motion capture than was available five years ago." Saw this in one of the articles... That is ridiculous. Top Spin 4 was released 7 years ago and the motion looked 1000 times better than this. A remake of that game in 4k would be better than this.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #34
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

Just saw the clay court video. The guys never slide at all. That is insane. This is such a weak effort at a game. And the devs are already talking about DLC that they're going to have. So they have enough time to work on DLC before the game releases and they don't have time to make it so players slide on clay? Cmon. Top Spin 2 had this over a decade ago.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #35
Rookie

They need to tone down players' reach. Currently they can lunge, get to and return almost every shot no matter how far the ball is from them. Also, more errors need to be added as you don't see too many balls hit the net or go out. Almost every shot the players are lunging for the ball which you don't see too often and the result of being off balance and lunging is that you end up losing the point most of the times. It doesn't happen in the game and that aspect needs to be tweaked. Hopefully the devs read the feedback and address it as part of gameplay tuning before the release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #36
Rookie

Details regarding career mode...
https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/4/170...s4-xbox-one-pc
Old 03-06-2018, 08:32 PM   #37
Rookie

More details about the career, gameplay, online etc. looks like the career mode is quite comprehensive. Here's the link. You will need to scroll down past the TGC 2019 piece to get to Tennis World Tour...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...d-dynasty.aspx
Old 03-16-2018, 01:31 AM   #38
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
More details about the career, gameplay, online etc. looks like the career mode is quite comprehensive. Here's the link. You will need to scroll down past the TGC 2019 piece to get to Tennis World Tour...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...d-dynasty.aspx
PRESENTATION, DLC & MORE!
  • Tennis legend John McEnroe is the game's English-language announcer. Retired pro Guy Forget handles the French track.
  • Other classic players will be announced at a later time, and there are players which are being added after release.
  • There are no official tournaments or stadiums, but the studio is in talks with some licensors.
  • Doubles play – including mixed doubles – will be free DLC after launch. The developer isn't sure yet if doubles will be available during your career or just in exhibition mode.
  • There are stat overlays during matches for things like fast serves and long rallies.
  • The game will have 4K support for Xbox One X and PlayStation Pro.
  • There is a Tennis Academy tutorial section with different levels of training.
I mentioned a few posts back about which players will be made available after release plus a few more are unlockable players that you can get after accomplishing certain feats during career mode.

I believe the unlockable players are up to 10 players so counting the 30 available in the game upon release plus the ones they make available after release it could be up to 50 players we will be able to use if we can unlock them all.

I personally think this game is getting too much down talk before it's even released. I personally think it will be a good tennis game but possibly not a great one like we had with the Top Spin series. Grand Slam Tennis wasn't a bad game but it had its issues so it never made it.

Maybe this game will be better in the final build than most are expecting. We certainly are in need of a solid tennis game on current gen consoles. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-16-2018, 10:57 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 2

So...a LEGEND EDITION of Tennis World Tour is coming too, and they got John McEnroe and Andre Agassi! Cant wait!
Old 03-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I personally think this game is getting too much down talk before it's even released. I personally think it will be a good tennis game but possibly not a great one like we had with the Top Spin series. Grand Slam Tennis wasn't a bad game but it had its issues so it never made it.

Maybe this game will be better in the final build than most are expecting. We certainly are in need of a solid tennis game on current gen consoles. Thanks.
My fear is that the game may be leaning too much on management & strategy side, even for the gameplay. In most of the interviews I've heard developers talk about incorporating strategy into winning the points and that's why they are making it easier for players to be able to return the ball.

And that's the point which worries me. At the end of the day skill counts for a lot and just because a player's strategy is great doesn't count for much if the said player can't execute or has a poor skill set. The videos so far show that as long as players make good "decisions" they can reach the ball and carry on playing the never ending rallies. This shouldn't be the case. I would prefer a gameplay focused game similar to Top Spin 4 with a rich career mode. This mish-mashing of management/strategic elements with the core gameplay is what's a red flag at the moment IMO and I'm hopeful the final game would be much better based on the feedback the developers must've heard.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »