Home

AO International Tennis

This is a discussion on AO International Tennis within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #273
Rookie

fideco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AO International Tennis

Boring AI is the main issue with this game:
Every player plays the same and star players doesn't stand out at all, no matter their attributes...
On Pro, i always have the unpleasant feeling of playing against the same player, over and over
Please focus on this issue, otherwise the offline gameplay will soon become repetitive and boring
Individual playing styles is a must add
Keep up the good work!!
Old 06-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #274
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fideco
Boring AI is the main issue with this game:
Every player plays the same and star players doesn't stand out at all, no matter their attributes...
On Pro, i always have the unpleasant feeling of playing against the same player, over and over
Please focus on this issue, otherwise the offline gameplay will soon become repetitive and boring
Individual playing styles is a must add
Keep up the good work!!
I think part of the problem is, you are playing on Pro. Pro is pretty easy, especially after putting a few hours into the game.

Go up to Veteran or Legend difficulty and report back, I find that on those difficulty levels it's easy to see that your opponent's have different playing styles. Also, I feel like Pro is for people who want a more casual experience, as opposed to being competitive.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #275
Rookie

fideco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
I think part of the problem is, you are playing on Pro. Pro is pretty easy, especially after putting a few hours into the game.

Go up to Veteran or Legend difficulty and report back, I find that on those difficulty levels it's easy to see that your opponent's have different playing styles. Also, I feel like Pro is for people who want a more casual experience, as opposed to being competitive.
I've already tried...
At higher levels the situation becomes worse:
the ai does not make mistakes (no unforced errors) and all players behave like Nadal
So unrealistic
Sorry, but that is not the way to go...
Instead personal styles are absolutely needed
Also individual "abilities points" must count more than now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #276
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fideco
I've already tried...
At higher levels the situation becomes worse:
the ai does not make mistakes (no unforced errors) and all players behave like Nadal
So unrealistic
Sorry, but that is not the way to go...
Instead personal styles are absolutely needed
Also individual "abilities points" must count more than now.

On Veteran they do hit it out, as long as you play a good shot. Same with Legend, it's just less. If you paint the lines with your shots, unforced errors do happen. Approaching the net at the right time and putting pressure on them also forces unforced errors.

In this game you are rewarded for making the right play, and sometimes that involves taking risks. I know that I have to pick and choose when I use the aggressive shot, but will take that risk if it means painting the line on a cross court shot to get it by the CPU, or atleast making them lunge into a forced lob.

I like the challenge of the higher levels. They are beatable, but it still takes strategy. I find that playing Goffin feels different than Nadal. I'm not too prideful to say that playing Nadal on Legend I am getting creamed, I am having a hard time getting the ball by him.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #277
Pro

Hi all,

I made an edit to an already scanned Sampras face that existed in the downloads section. On the original, the face is dirty and uneven, I smoothed out the texture, changed his hair, and made a few other small edits.

One of the best features in this game is the playface function. We can get some really awesome looking faces. I mean, look at the bald Agassi that is out there. I havnt released my copy of this Sampras yet, because I need to mess with his ratings.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:33 PM   #278
Rookie

Now that we have gotten some more speed by ball and court customization, what do you guys consider a legit gameplay and ball speed per court?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #279
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAntStudios
I've spotted this weird smash shot watching a YouTube video about the latest patch 1.28:
https://youtu.be/PkdiyVOuUxo

I've recorded the shot and the 3 frames in slow motion to see the bug in detail.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:18 AM   #280
Pro

Just played a match against my brother on Legend difficulty.

Me using Federer, him using Djokovic. These are the highlights from that match. He's on the top of the screen the whole match, and I'm on the bottom. My goal in this match was to hit the ball short to force Djokovic to come in, I succeeded.

Posted in 1080P@60FPS, so it's smooth.This is on PC using community created players and venues.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 06-17-2018 at 12:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »