Home

Will Novak Djokovic Ever Be The Same Tennis Player?

This is a discussion on Will Novak Djokovic Ever Be The Same Tennis Player? within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Will Novak Djokovic Ever Be The Same Tennis Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraticus
Can't wait for Fed, Nadal and him to all be done so things can really open up.

Seeing the same ones win all the time gets too predictable & booooring.
Yeah, once Federer, The Joker, & Nadal are finally retired it's going to open up a whole new tennis game for us to watch. There's going to be a number of men's tennis players probably each year that will be fighting for that #1 player ranking.

I just don't see any American though on the radar that's good enough to be up there. Zverev to me along with Shapovalov look to be upcoming mainstay Top 5-10 players for a while.

If Kyrgios could get his darn emotions under control he very well could be up there as well. Has the entire game but he's just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. Medvedev is another solid tennis player but he needs some work on his overall game to ever become the top ranked player in the world.

Thiem is another player with a lot of promise but struggles with consistency. Opelka might be the American with the best chance because of his huge serve game. Fritz I thought would be the next great American player but nothing has happened for him to show that could happen.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 08-30-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

F-Jerkovic ! LOVED seeing the NY crowd let him have it after quitting AGAIN vs Stan in a GS.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:51 AM   #11
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraticus
F-Jerkovic ! LOVED seeing the NY crowd let him have it after quitting AGAIN vs Stan in a GS.
That's a little harsh bud. What has Djokovic done for you to think so badly of him? He's a great tennis role model just like Nadal & Federer. I was for Stan The Man in that match too but I didn't approve at all the NY crowd booing him as he left the court. He didn't quit just to quit. The man has shoulder issues.

I mean he's had surgery on that same shoulder to make him stop playing. Is that being a quitter? I don't think so! He done what was in his best interest for him to keep from further damaging the shoulder. Stan was beating him but that's not why Djokovic quit.

No need for comments like this because they are unfounded on a tennis player that doesn't quit for nothing & never has either. He could have continued playing & possibly torn something in that same shoulder AGAIN. It was obvious it was bothering him & was the match before the Stan match as well.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »