Home

Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Per Pastapadre, NO ONLINE PLAY YET. Will be addedin a patch next month.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4
Hee's the statement from Breakpoint, the software company behind TWT: "Features are scheduled to roll out in two phases. The first will bring online quick matches and in the second phase we will implement a ranked online mode with global leader boards. We will go into a more detail about these modes in the next few days.*We apologise that you will have to wait on the multiplayer features a little longer, but we hope you will enjoy the local multiplayer or start your journey to the top in career mode in the meantime and look forward to your feedback."
Old 05-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Got this for PS4 today. Played a set on exhibition, really enjoyed it. 40 minute battle that I nicked in the tiebreaker. The game does a good job of serving and net play, usually two of the weaker areas of a tennis game. The ball never went out on normal difficulty, but having moved up to hard, and getting thrashed 6-1, the wider angles hit by the AI do cause a few outs. Overall the core game is solid and you do "feel" the match.

The weakest parts are the graphics, which are PS3 standard, and the non-existent player customisation. Sound is also very weak but this is getting patched later this week I believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #12
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

The game has potential, but as for right now, the game is unfinished. What is it with these companies selling beta copies of a game for full price? *This game should have been delayed. By time they do (or if) they patch it, no one's going to be playing it because of all the negative reviews and opinions upon release. *They also need to drop the price. *There's no way this game should be $60, and even more for the Legends Edition.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #13
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

I've been anticipating a new gen tennis game ever since these consoles came out. Forgive me for not making a separate thread for this, but after spending a considerable amount of time in AO's career mode (20+ hours) and playing a few hours of Tennis World Tour, I think AO's offering is just a much better game of tennis at this moment. The way the ball placement & shot power mechanics work takes some time to get used to no doubt, but once you do you can be as precise as you want to be. In Tennis World Tour, I can hold a top spin shot pointed towards the opposite left corner and the player ends up slicing it the other way completely. It baffles me that this is supposed to be a successor to Top Spin with people who actually developed Top Spin 4. Weak sound, limited customization, conflicting controls, bad framerate, I just don't understand how a PS4 game in 2018 plays like this.

It's just so confusing reading all of these previews for months (and reviews of AO) and I think I may be the only person in the world who thinks so, but out of both of these highly "generic" tennis games, AO is simply a better experience.

Last edited by TexasFan2005; 05-22-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
I've been anticipating a new gen tennis game ever since these consoles came out. Forgive me for not making a separate thread for this, but after spending a considerable amount of time in AO's career mode (20+ hours) and playing a few hours of Tennis World Tour, I think AO's offering is just a much better game of tennis at this moment. The way the ball placement & shot power mechanics work takes some time to get used to no doubt, but once you do you can be as precise as you want to be. In Tennis World Tour, I can hold a top spin shot pointed towards the opposite left corner and the player ends up slicing it the other way completely. It baffles me that this is supposed to be a successor to Top Spin with people who actually developed Top Spin 4. Weak sound, limited customization, conflicting controls, bad framerate, I just don't understand how a PS4 game in 2018 plays like this.

It's just so confusing reading all of these previews for months (and reviews of AO) and I think I may be the only person in the world who thinks so, but out of both of these highly "generic" tennis games, AO is simply a better experience.
I have a question for you, since you have AO International Tennis: Is it possible to assign all the real created players that you can download from other people to use them as the AI players in the career mode? For example if we download Federer can we put he as the number 1 of the world before we start the career mode with any other player?

For me it seems that both games are disappointed in terms of gameplay however the customization of AO International Tennis makes it a better option. I am still thinking about buying it after a price drop.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:48 PM   #15
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

I'll take a look for you sometime tonight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
I have a question for you, since you have AO International Tennis: Is it possible to assign all the real created players that you can download from other people to use them as the AI players in the career mode? For example if we download Federer can we put he as the number 1 of the world before we start the career mode with any other player?

For me it seems that both games are disappointed in terms of gameplay however the customization of AO International Tennis makes it a better option. I am still thinking about buying it after a price drop.
Yes you can use created players in AO International Tennis career mode. I'm not 100% sure, but I think players are ranked according to their overall stat rating. I'm with you Texasfan, AO International Tennis is an overall better game. Once you get use to the controls, it plays a decent game of tennis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »