Home

Best Tennis Game

This is a discussion on Best Tennis Game within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Best Tennis Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I can understand that. A lot of the animations aren't very good and look unnatural, so I can see that being a turnoff. For me, the way the game "feels" when playing is very important and it does that well, so I can overlook those things. I'll have to check out AO eventually.
Totally, and I am about that as well. For example, NBA 2K18. I refused to move onto 2K18 because 2K17 felt much better to me, so feel is a huge part of it. I like the feel of AO better, but personal preference is key. I see why people would like Full Ace as well. Honestly, I'm just really glad that we have 3 new tennis titles for PC (AO, TWT and Full Ace), AND Tennis Elbow is still a solid title. With Madden 19 coming to PC, and eventually Live 19 (Crossing my fingers), we are getting more sports titles than ever. I switched to mostly PC gaming in 2014, and it was the best decision I have ever made. The modding communities are so talented, the Tennis Elbow and Full Ace mods add so much authenticity to the games, its awesome.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:38 PM   #10
Rookie

I play on PS4 and we don't have a lot of choice for tennis games. AO International Tennis, Tennis World Tour and then.. Timber Tennis... something(?) which is a retro, completely arcade style game with pixel graphics and power-ups etc.

I ended up with AO International Tennis after reading about it and I'm very pleased with it, especially after putting movement assist to zero, that way it's more sim, less handholding! And also the great community content, many talented and passionate creators out there.
It's realistic but also fun, it has struck that happy medium.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #11
Rookie

What about the new game "Tennis Figthers"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2019, 11:00 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_tennis
What about the new game "Tennis Figthers"?
Hard to judge a game you can't play just yet. Obviously more an arcade type experience too.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #13
Rookie

Looking forward to release of AO2. Just rented Top Spin4 for Xbox360 and WOW it is really a great game for being 9yrs old. I loved Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii with motion control but it quickly got old and either too easy or too hard and fast. Top Spin 4 has fun gameplay and so far competitive where I am about to enter the Championship in the Moscow Tourney 2 star and nervous. I like realism, want a challenge where I get better by playing not sliders, difficulty level, just playing and getting better. Love the look and presentation of AO tennis but see too many videos showing fast gameplay, needs to be like Top Spin4 which seems to be pretty realistic pace. If this is anything like that and with user created venues (see The Golf Club) and online tourneys, rankings - this will be great. Fingers crossed but wont be surprised if we are let down also.. Arcade Virtua Tennis or others do not appeal to me at all, want simulation and competition with story line and most of all Gameplay that rewards hard work and practice.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyNacho
Looking forward to release of AO2. Just rented Top Spin4 for Xbox360 and WOW it is really a great game for being 9yrs old. I loved Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii with motion control but it quickly got old and either too easy or too hard and fast. Top Spin 4 has fun gameplay and so far competitive where I am about to enter the Championship in the Moscow Tourney 2 star and nervous. I like realism, want a challenge where I get better by playing not sliders, difficulty level, just playing and getting better. Love the look and presentation of AO tennis but see too many videos showing fast gameplay, needs to be like Top Spin4 which seems to be pretty realistic pace. If this is anything like that and with user created venues (see The Golf Club) and online tourneys, rankings - this will be great. Fingers crossed but wont be surprised if we are let down also.. Arcade Virtua Tennis or others do not appeal to me at all, want simulation and competition with story line and most of all Gameplay that rewards hard work and practice.

Update - Top Spin 4 - just beat A. Roddick in Cincy Tourney on hard level. time to up the difficulty - just hope that does not mean faster arcade like gameplay. Been really looking into new tennis games and very disappointing to say the least. Both the new ones seem to be lacking either gameplay or something. AO Tennis 2 looks ok but they really seem to be pushing the storyline and what tennis fans want is gameplay - All I would ever want is Top Spin 4 like gameplay with a little better graphics and deeper career mode. Online (see The Golf Club / TGC Tours) like system would be outstanding but it seems that the big companies are not focusing on Tennis.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:15 PM   #15
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

AO2 got me wanting to play a tennis game but I couldn't get past some of the major glaring issues. I went to my local game store and they had a brand new copy of Top Spin 4 for 360 for $19.99. Couldn't believe they had a new copy lol. I don't remember playing it when it came out so it was a new experience for me even though the game is 10 years old. There is no comparison between it and any of the new games that have come out. Honestly it's not even close.

The timing based mechanics are incredibly well done. The movement is tight. The animations are fantastic. The graphics aren't as clear and crisp as newer games but over all are more impressive then any of the new games. It's just an exceptional sports game.

Anyways, I know a lot of tennis fans have probably played the fun out of TS4 and are clamoring for a new tennis game but if you didn't play much of TS4 you need to. Just a terrific experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #16
Rookie

isnt there a new tennis elbow game coming out??
Also- I thought Full Ace Tennis was coming to ps4?? what happened with that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »