Home

On the fence

This is a discussion on On the fence within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
On the fence

Still in the fence about whether to pull the trigger on AO2 or opt for the much cheaper AO. Are the upgrades in career mode worth the extra cost to get AO2? From what I can gather by watching videos and reading reviews, the graphics, customization tools, etc.. aren’t much different than AO. Career mode is what everyone is saying sets them apart. Could you guys who have played both games help me with this? I’m solely interested in offline play. I’m wanting to download a bunch of historic players to populate career mode so I can play against the players from the 70s 80s and 90s.... any input you guys offer me is appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: On the fence

FWIW - I am pleased with AO2 - will never go back to TS4 and glad I did not get AO Tennis. Career is good so far and much more interesting than TS4 which wa the best tennis game in my opinion. Also BigAnt will continue to support AO2 with updates - not so much with AO tennis.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Following along as this is on sale for $35 for gamestop used this week. I've been on the fence also since I haven't played a tennis game in forever.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #4
Rookie

I only own one game for Xbox One X and I got that from within the console. I see AO Tennis 2 is $59 via xbox.com or thru the console, but is $39 from various vendors like BestBuy, Amazon, etc. Pardon my ignorance but are these on DVDs so one would need a USB DVD drive to connect to the Xbox, or how does this work? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:38 PM   #5
Rookie

mikea330's Arena

On the fence

I have both. While I like AO2’s game modes better, I must admit AO2 is much more frustrating than AO. The AI is hard and rarely makes any mistakes. Usually in a match the AI will make ZERO unforced errors and make shots that are humanly impossible. This essentially leads to a feeling of frustration. I almost feel like some of AO Tennis’s gameplay is a touch better, but with that said AO2 is still solid.

It also could be that I suck at AO2..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2020, 08:01 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea330
I have both. While I like AO2’s game modes better, I must admit AO2 is much more frustrating than AO. The AI is hard and rarely makes any mistakes. Usually in a match the AI will make ZERO unforced errors and make shots that are humanly impossible. This essentially leads to a feeling of frustration. I almost feel like some of AO Tennis’s gameplay is a touch better, but with that said AO2 is still solid.

It also could be that I suck at AO2..
That's disappointing. One of the major complaints with AO was that the cpu rarely made unforced errors. Rallies could go on forever. It looks like the developer turned a deaf ear to this complaint. I know they don't want you to have a cakewalk but there should be a middle ground somewhere.

C
Old 02-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #7
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncp10
I only own one game for Xbox One X and I got that from within the console. I see AO Tennis 2 is $59 via xbox.com or thru the console, but is $39 from various vendors like BestBuy, Amazon, etc. Pardon my ignorance but are these on DVDs so one would need a USB DVD drive to connect to the Xbox, or how does this work? Thanks in advance.

If you have one of the All Digital XB1 consoles, you cannot use a physical copy of the game. There is no USB disc drive add-on that will work.

If you have a regular XB1, XB1S or XB1X, then you can buy the disc and put it in the disc slot on the front of the console to play.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
If you have one of the All Digital XB1 consoles, you cannot use a physical copy of the game. There is no USB disc drive add-on that will work.

If you have a regular XB1, XB1S or XB1X, then you can buy the disc and put it in the disc slot on the front of the console to play.
Thanks for that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »