Home

Career Mode (what is your story)

This is a discussion on Career Mode (what is your story) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-04-2020, 01:47 AM   #25
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: AO Tennis 2 Career Mode (what is your story)

Holy cow what a match! 1st round of Australian Open is over with. I beat Thiago Seyboth Wild in 4 sets. 6-4, 7-6, 4-6, 6-1.

Come that 4th set I was just on my game and dominated the set from the start. 2nd round matchup is against Jo-Wilfred Tsonga. Much better player than me in all areas.

With my fatigue now at 85% my attributes are taking a huge hit across the board. 65 overall down to 58 while Tsonga is 77ovr! This will be a tough task. I am happy winning one match.

If I can somehow get a huge upset here I'd be thrilled (and prolly would have to raise difficulty level lol).

Below is a photo of the 1st round match stats. Ignore match time. I saved mid game twice and it's just not correct.

20200704_003738_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 01:56 AM   #26
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

Looking at first and a couple second round AO results and wow. Lots of upsets! 1 seed Nadal loses to S. Querry in 5 sets. 9 seed Dimitrov loses to J. Sousa in straight sets 2nd round. Sousa plays winner of my match with Tsonga. Tsonga btw beat 24 seed Cilic in straight sets. Last big upset was 2 seed D. Thiem losing to J. Struff in first round in four sets. So #1 and #2 seed both out in first round. This normal? Lol

Section 5 of the bracket is awesome. Federer vs Djokovic is possible 3rd round match. Federer not seeded in the tourney so he must be exiting tournaments quick in my career as his rank had to of dropped a ton. I really wish I could watch a match within a tournament. I probably honestly would watch major finals at least. Just to be more engaged within my career.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #27
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

Soo I somehow accidentally deleted my save by accident! I thought I was deleting another I started but nope. Son of a b.

So I had to start my damn career over. I'm almost done with year one. After losing and losing, once in the Finals I finally got my first futures tourney win by October. It was not easy. The AI had match point on me up 3-2 in the 4 game set. I held him off, and won the match 5-4 in a tiebreaker. Wooo did that feel good!

I'm now only a 43ovr and level 26 through training a lot. Luckily it won't take me long to get back where I was at 65ovr and top 100 ranking. Right now just ranked top 200 so competing in my first challenger 90 tournament. I had a nice draw and escaped with a couple wins and now in the semifinals.

After this tourney I will have money to upgrade along with a good chunk of ranking points after at least a semifinals match. I think top 200 means I can enter majors as well? So I will be good to enter the Australian Open beginning of the 2021 year.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:59 AM   #28
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Career Mode (what is your story)

In the first couple seasons do you guys suggest a lot of training, or a lot of tournaments?
Old 07-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
In the first couple seasons do you guys suggest a lot of training, or a lot of tournaments?
In my 1st season I did around 60%tournaments & 40% training. How about yourself itsmb8?
Old 07-07-2020, 11:07 PM   #30
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurburEnthusiasm
In my 1st season I did around 60%tournaments & 40% training. How about yourself itsmb8?
So far I've decided on the first 6 weeks of training, two rest weeks to recover, and now Im playing my first tournament, a Pittsburgh Futures event. Won my first match.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #31
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

I am finishing up year 1 (again). I just finished my first major tourney with the US Open. I was able to upset Tommy Paul in the first round 7-6, 6-1, 6-1. I play every point in major tournaments.

Second round I was up against 11 seed and 11th world ranked Juan Martin Del Potro. Below is the photo of the match summary. He was just a way better player than my 55ovr guy is. But a first round win in the US Open feels good. That will give me a ton of cash to upgrade my attributes, and a lot of ranking points.

Pierre-Hugues Herbert won the US Open over Andy Murray in 4 sets. That bolstered Murray to #2 ranking now. And Herbert way up to #7.

I am now up to rank #128 after my US Open performance. I received $90,000 for it as well!

I'm up to a 57ovr rating now. I think I will train rest of the year now. I may enter a challenger tourney but mostly train and get ready for the Australian Open in 2021.

20200711_183554_HDR.jpeg

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 06:30 PM   #32
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

Finished out year 1 with a first round loss in a world 250 tourney. I won a challenger match for like $175,000.

So I noticed twice now the Roger Federer I have on file disappears from my career beginning year 2. I restarted last time thinking I accidentally had wrong roster in. I know for a fact he was in my career year one. I'm just making up a story of him retiring after 2020. I do hate that happened...gotta be a glitch with his created player I have.

I moved the difficulty up to Pro, and ball aim marker still on for serve only. Semi pro was getting too easy for me as I've learned how to play better.

First tournament of the 2021 was another first round loss in a world 250 tourney. I upgraded my player and is up to a 61 overall. I have entered the 2021 Australian Open looking to build on a first round win in the US Open major vs Tommy Paul.

First round draw is vs Jan-Lennard Struff. Below is a photo of the matchup. I'm certainly a big underdog. Before I play I need a good nap. Playing this game tired has cost me big time I feel lol

1594762195263.jpeg

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »