Home

YouTube Rabbit Hole: Who Else Misses Top Spin?

This is a discussion on YouTube Rabbit Hole: Who Else Misses Top Spin? within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 05-27-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
YouTube Rabbit Hole: Who Else Misses Top Spin?

Remembering Top Spin 4 is probably hard for some people at this point. After all, the...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: YouTube Rabbit Hole: Who Else Misses Top Spin?

Can't believe it's been almost 10 years now, the Shot variety was pretty limited, but the Animations still look amazing, had such a blast with Nadal on Sand

The last Fight Night came out in 2011 also, i guess that's when the Ultimate Team modes really took over...
Old 05-27-2020, 10:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Always had a struggle with liking this game. I loved the look, the presentation. Yet another example of 2K proving they're the only company that should be making sports games. But every single rally seemed to go on and on and on.... and on.... and on... and like most tennis games, it's like a non tennis fan got to choose what pro players would be in it. But in the game, at the right difficulty level, it could be glorious. It just didn't tickle the itch I need as a sports player which is the ability to take a real player and play them through a calendar year or at least one tournament at a time. Be a player modes never appealed to me.
But honestly, until AO came out, there really was no other game on the block. And before it, Virtua was in its time, even better. I even used to go to arcades to play Virtua using my man Carlos Moya.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:34 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0
I still love and play TS4 to this day (with emulation).

IMO - no tennis game has dethroned it yet.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
TS4 is still the GOAT!

This generation of consoles desperately needs tennis game that could rival it. TWT is straight trash. AO is decent, but not nearly as polished or addicting.

The two genres that we need redone is this and Surfing game. There's been nothing close to as good as Transworld Surf on the PS2. That game is still unmatched and it's been 19 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
...It just didn't tickle the itch I need as a sports player which is the ability to take a real player and play them through a calendar year or at least one tournament at a time. Be a player modes never appealed to me...
I loved Topspin 4--primarily due to the historical players (Andre Agassi was my favorite). I solely play sports games; the fantasy aspect of games doesn't appeal to me.

That said, it was frustrating to me that I couldn't play a career with a pro in Topspin 4 (as well as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14). For me, the immersion gets put off when I'm playing as a fake person or a modified version of me. I always liked to play as teams or players I was familiar with so that I could not only play as them but play like them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »