Home

Matchpoint Tennis Championships Arrives in Spring 2022 - Trailer, Screenshots & Features Revealed

This is a discussion on Matchpoint Tennis Championships Arrives in Spring 2022 - Trailer, Screenshots & Features Revealed within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2022, 08:22 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Matchpoint Tennis Championships Arrives in Spring 2022 - Trailer, Screenshots & F

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ200
how are there like 5 tennis games out now but only 1 hockey game??
this looks really life like though.
i still think full ace tennis is most realistic in terms of realistic amount of unforced errors.
Tennis is easier to create/program. It is an updated version of pong. Other sports have multiple players running around, all with their own logic, etc.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:19 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Matchpoint Tennis Championships Arrives in Spring 2022 - Trailer, Screenshots & F

Quote:
how are there like 5 tennis games out now but only 1 hockey game??
this looks really life like though.
i still think full ace tennis is most realistic in terms of realistic amount of unforced errors.

I cannot share this assessment. Tennis Elbow 4 with simulation control is a tough simulation. You also have to play extremely tactically in TE4. The game is almost a strategy game among tennis games. In Full Ace Tennis, on the other hand, every match plays the same. It practically doesn't matter who the opponent is. You just stand far behind the baseline and always slice back until your opponent makes a mistake. That's it.

In TE4 there are many more factors that influence the matches. For example, it can happen that the AI opponent has a really good day and becomes much tougher than in the last meeting. Also, the AI changes its strategy several times in the match to find out what is most successful to defeat the human player. There is a lot more realism in TE4 than in all the other tennis games combined in my opinion.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:19 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkk1974
I cannot share this assessment. Tennis Elbow 4 with simulation control is a tough simulation. You also have to play extremely tactically in TE4. The game is almost a strategy game among tennis games. In Full Ace Tennis, on the other hand, every match plays the same. It practically doesn't matter who the opponent is. You just stand far behind the baseline and always slice back until your opponent makes a mistake. That's it.

In TE4 there are many more factors that influence the matches. For example, it can happen that the AI opponent has a really good day and becomes much tougher than in the last meeting. Also, the AI changes its strategy several times in the match to find out what is most successful to defeat the human player. There is a lot more realism in TE4 than in all the other tennis games combined in my opinion.
Is Tennis Elbow coming to consoles??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Is Tennis Elbow coming to consoles??
No current plans to do so.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »