Home

Old 04-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #9
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reboot Year 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money_Deuce2
What rules did we settle on? I know the basic rules for this league but I remember seeing something about can't talk players back if they are in the top 2 rounds of something like that. Anything else RK?
The draft rules don't apply to this league.

As a general overview (these are not going to be down to the specifics)
  • All of your possessions should end in a kick or turnover. Going for it on 4th down when you are winning, tied, or it would otherwise be unrealistic (anything over 1 yard). I am generally okay with you going for on it past your opponent's 40 as long as it is 4th and <8 yards to go.
Quote:
It's 3 and 10 from your opponent's 37 yard line. You run a draw play for 5 yards. With the down and distance reading 4th and 5 with the ball on your opponent's 32, you'd have a choice here. Kick the FG, or try to get it. 99 times out of 100, you should KICK the ball, only if you have a proficient kicker. I am not going to set a specific OVR they have to be but if you know your kicker can hit a 50 yarder, you shouldn't be going for it. If you have a scrub true frosh kicker, then I'd get it. I have a hard time justifying any other reasons to go for it.
  • Shifts and controlling user players:

1. Do not zig zag run on breakaways. Do not run parallel to the goalline on a long TD play or DEF/ST TD as a means to burn clock/show off.

2. You may control any player you want on defense pre-snap but manually moving guys into the box outside of the play art is banned. Trying to time the snap as a blitzing LB/DB is also banned. Use your shift audibles. If your opponent is gouging you with his rushing attack, don't try these cheap stunts. Adapt your scheme. Calling quarters all game and complaining about your opponent's "money run plays" is not going to fly.

The first player you manually move on defense- that is, without using a shift/audible call- is the one you must control for that play.

3. With this in mind, run commit is allowed. Use it at your own risk.

4. NO user catching on offense or defense. If I catch you repeatedly doing this in user games, you will be booted. One or two mess-ups a game as you adjust to this rule is okay, just tell your opponent what happened.
  • A standard of sportsmanship applies here. Don't run up the score, pad stats, go for ridiculous records, or abuse money plays, hot routes, or other various forms of cheese. Use of chew clock in user games is banned unless it is a blowout and you receive express permission via PM or PSN message from to use it to accelerate the end of an ugly game.
    If I see you regularly throwing for 700 yards, scoring 70+ points over and over again against terrible CPU defenses, or adding late unnecessary TDs to pad stats, especially if they are your starters at the end of a blowout, I will suspend them. Using a suspended player during a week when they are suspended will result in you being suspended for a game or two. Use your mass subs. I will be much more lenient with scores by your reserves later in games.

I've never had to do that but every dynasty I've been in always has one guy who tries to get 10000 total yards of offense every year or score 70 in every game.

The rules thread covers most of this in similar or greater detail. I know this looks like a lot, but I assure you, they are quite easy to follow. Just be a respectful, sim player and we'll all get along like one big dysfunctional family.

Oh and by the way- any user issues should be addressed by first talking to your opponent about it and then myself if you cannot agree to it.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #10
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCronk
Wow I know that a win is a win but my god was it ugly in Utah. Michigan escapes late with a shaky 49-45 win over the Utes. A Jake Rudock pick 6 and a Deveon Smith returned fumble in the 2nd quarter really turned the game around. Rudock finished 28-34 for 329 yards and 5 touchdowns. The real story though was the play of Jabril Peppers. The two-way player had a team high 7 tackles including 2 for loss. He chipped in offensively by carrying the ball 12 times for 118 yards and he scored once. He also reeled in 7 receptions for 136 yards and 2 touchdowns.
How were the sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
Eastern time, I finish my educational observation at around 1-3 PM so anytime after that. Set a time and I'll make sure I'm not busy!
I get home at 4 est. If you can be ready at that time on the dot, that would be ideal for me.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #11
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
How were the sliders?

I get home at 4 est. If you can be ready at that time on the dot, that would be ideal for me.

4 EST on the dot, it's a date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #12
Pro

The sliders were tough but not outrageous. I definitely had my hands full with the cpu offense
Old 04-21-2016, 10:57 PM   #13
MVP

whughes's Arena

Idk which thread you want us posting in. But WVU is RTA following a 42-10 victory over Bama

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 04-21-2016, 11:50 PM   #14
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Yes, this is the right one.

Sliders hold up well in the user game?

Terry, I'd love your thoughts here as well.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:51 AM   #15
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Yes, this is the right one.

Sliders hold up well in the user game?

Terry, I'd love your thoughts here as well.
I thought the game played smooth. Good pressure from both sides, as well as some solid pass defense. Rush defense might be slightly overpowered because we both struggled to run efficiently. Although with that being said I didn't run any "traditional" running plays. I think probably 6 times were QB draws, a couple jet sweeps, and some motion options. I know I stopped him in the backfield multiple times, but he also broke off a couple 10+ yard runs. Overall I think the sliders played pretty well

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 11:20 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider10
Whoever LSU is, I'm free tomorrow after 5 est and Saturday and Sunday after 12 est.
So tonight is good?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust »