Home

Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

This is a discussion on Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan

LOL SPTO... I just basically said exactly the same thing you did, most of been writing it while you were posting.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #10
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBucsWsoxFan
I know this is kinda off topic, but it always bothered me and maybe this is an alright thread to mention it it....

I like flair as much as the next guy, but I have a problem with Flair when he called Foley a glorified stuntman. This is the business of entertainment and Floey did exactly that.

I was kinda miffed when I read that part as well. When I read it, it sounded more like a old schooler talking about how much things have changed from his day. As Sportsman put it, Flair came from a old school brand of wrestling. Todays wrestling is much more diffrent and for me personally, I dont think I'd be able to stomach the hour long matches of the old school. As for Foley, he gave 100% just as Flair did. I cant believe he called him out like that. Foley put his neck on the line for entertainment. He did'nt have to cut himself to get a reaction, he did suicidle moves and that alone puts him up there.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
as do I. I'm sure Flair also has little respect for most if not all of ECW. With that being said, a long time veteran like Flair who had to pay his dues by traveling from territory to territory is certainly allowed to have his opinion on Foley. Does that make it right? No, of course not, but I'm sure a lot of old timers would agree with Flair's thoughts on Foley. Back then they did it with holds, moves, basic psychology.... Foley made it big with jumps off the Cell, boiler room brawls, empty arena matches, taking 12 unprotected chair shots to the head from The Rock. After all that he was finally able to get his character through to the fans. I think if Foley doesn't do those crazy moves, he never makes it as far as he did IMO.

He mentioned a few times on how he does'nt like the way wrestling is presented today. He mentioned how the champion was always introduced last in a match and they dont really do that no more. It goes to the most popular name. Evidence of this was just this past monday. Edge and his parter were introduced first even though Edge had the strap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #12
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Great thread and somewhat ironic. I used the Flair vs Hogan debate to get public speaking credit (when i was in americorps). We had to give a speech in front of people that lasted 8-10 minutes. Me and a friend debated about who the better wretler was...I chose Flair.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

Flair has always been a better wrestler of the 2. But Hogan has and will always get a big pop anywhere he goes over Flair, the only place he would probably not get a bigger pop than Flair is when Flair is in his hometown. He did have one of the greatest heel turns ever, but since Hollywood Hogan character went away sometime in WCW...he can never be a Heel or never was able to get over as a heel again. Where as Flair I believe is able to still be a heel or even go towards a babyface.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 20

I'm going to play the guy that corrects Wilbon and the other guy on Around the Horn. Here goes...

Quote:
Just finished reading Ric Flair's autobiagraphy and he mentioned Hogan more than a few times and how they've really never gotten along.
That's not the case. He says they were always friendly and spent time together. The only thing that Flair holds against Hogan is the fact that he whipped David Flair "like a dog" with a belt. Says he went to far. There's even conversations in the book that they had. Something about Hogan's personal finances or something.

Quote:
I could'nt believe when Hogan turned heel with the Outsiders that one day on Nitro.
That wasn't on a Nitro, it was bash at the Beach '96. I still have the Hogan poster up in my old room that I wrote NWOmania on that night.

And finally...
Quote:
Just look at the I Quit match against The Rock from (I think) Royal Rumble '98.
'99

BTW, don't take any offense guys, I'm just screwing around.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
I'm going to play the guy that corrects Wilbon and the other guy on Around the Horn. Here goes...
Hey it's STAT BOY!

Who was better? Flair was the better wrestler, Hogan was the better entertainer. Hogan had more crossover appeal, due to the fact that the WWF was nationwide first and the NWA was still territorial. So Hogan basically was the face of wrestling. He even was on Sports Illustrated's cover at one time. Flair was definitely over in the South. In closing, Flair was good at drawing heat , Hogan was good at getting pops. They both did their jobs well.

Last edited by Emjay; 01-25-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #16
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Is this match coming up soon?

If so, will the walkers be permissable weapons?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »