Home

WWE is Back!

This is a discussion on WWE is Back! within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2003, 09:59 AM   #9
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE is Back!

He's actually black/somoan, whatever nationality you might consider that.

Anyway, some ppl find something to get riled up in anything.

I think you just wanted to find an excuse to use-->

Well me too--->
Old 04-01-2003, 11:09 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 19

I'd like to see goldberg, Booker T, and Rey Mysterio Jr., just because they used to be my favorite wrestlers when I watched WCW, and when I play wrestling games I always make a stable with those three.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:35 AM   #11
Pr*

OVR: 5

Quote:

He's actually black/somoan, whatever nationality you might consider that.

Anyway, some ppl find something to get riled up in anything.

I think you just wanted to find an excuse to use-->

Well me too--->

I was not riled up......I did not attack you or flame you....I think it was a poor choice of words....that is all. If I felt you had any malitious intent I would have been a little more riled up than that......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2003, 11:49 AM   #12
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

No beef bro, but I think the token black guy thing is quite funny. Its almost everywhere in entertainment. I forgot what movie that was in, but its so true.

Hell, I consider myself a token black guy. My girlfriend is caucasian, I live in a caucasian nierborhood, I always find myself being the only black at any occasion. the phrase is just what it is, a phrase. I'm telling you, keep your eyes peeled for it, you'll start noticing it often. I in no way think its a racist phrase, but a ongoing fact with minoritys in entertainment. Quite funny if you ask me.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:11 PM   #13
Pr*

OVR: 5

Quote:

No beef bro, but I think the token black guy thing is quite funny. Its almost everywhere in entertainment. I forgot what movie that was in, but its so true.

Hell, I consider myself a token black guy. My girlfriend is caucasian, I live in a caucasian nierborhood, I always find myself being the only black at any occasion. the phrase is just what it is, a phrase. I'm telling you, keep your eyes peeled for it, you'll start noticing it often. I in no way think its a racist phrase, but a ongoing fact with minoritys in entertainment. Quite funny if you ask me.

I have been that "tokenfor a huge chunk of my life....that is why I am sensitive to it and don't see it funny. I was the poor black kid that went to the rich white private school......I was one of a handful of blacks at a rich white college....I was one of two blacks in a fraternity....then I lived (with my girlfriend at the time) in a rich white neighborhood.......it does not feel too funny when you live a long time experiencing double takes like somone just saw a unicorn walking down the street. But I may just be hypersensitive to it...I could not take it. I never felt "at home". Not that I want to be around any one race all of the time...I appreciate and seek out diversity.....but that "token" feeling is more of an isolated feeling to me.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:26 PM   #14
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Hey i'm glad that y'all are back to watching WWE and are excited again but don't be disappointed too much when the next few weeks crash and burn. Does anyone around here remember the excitement that was generated when Austin came back, when HHH came back, and finally when Hogan came back? The ratings and interest spiked up for about 2 weeks or so and then WWE dropped the ball and people were back to complaining about how WWE sucks.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:29 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Yeah but thats the thing. They were all "coming back", where as Goldberg is here for the first time. It's a nice, refreshing change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2003, 12:41 PM   #16
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Yea, the thing that draws me in is the talent. And WWE has talent up tha *** now. Even if Rock leaves again, even if Stone Cold leaves again. They still got a strong roster. And with the new addition of Goldberg, it should be more interesting. Alot of dedicated WWF/E fans have never even seen Goldberg wrestle. Would should provide something new for them to grasp.

++++ who is that new dude they show promos for with his head tyring to bust out of that latex? Should be another wrestler to get use to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »