Home

JBL does something nice

This is a discussion on JBL does something nice within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
JBL does something nice

"WWE's former developmental promotion, Ohio Valley Wrestling, lost their television deal on the CW affiliate in their home base of Louisville, Kentucky because they were unable to pay the $2,000 per week fee for the Saturday night time slot. Fortunately for them, the company regained their time slot and are back on the air — all thanks to the generosity of WWE star John Bradshaw Layfield. Ohio Valley Wrestling has a new sponsor in Layfield Energy, JBL's dietary supplement.

A few weeks ago, Layfield went to Ohio Valley Wrestling for an autograph signing. He was also supposed to wrestle, but WWE officials forgot to fax the necessary paperwork to the Kentucky Athletic Commission. Layfield ended up cutting a promo at the show. Following the event, Layfield took the OVW crew to a local bar and bought everyone drinks. They told him about the company losing its television deal, not to mention the financial problems they were going through since WWE cut official ties with them last February. In response, Layfield said he would do everything he could to help out the company."

No link for that article but it's confirmed in his blog here: http://fans.wwe.com/jbl/blog/2009/03/07/ovw

"I am the sponsor of OVW, it is true. Danny Davis is my good friend and I hate to see anyone lose their dream. Danny has mortgaged his home to make this work; I mortgaged my home for Layfield Energy. I understand passion, I understand love. I believe in the American spirit, I believe that if you want to achieve, you can."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: JBL does something nice

Funny what getting knocked out by Joey Styles does to a guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »