Home

Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

This is a discussion on Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
KOL
Charmer

KOL's Arena

OVR: 15
Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...tman-Hart.html

What the hell? Ric Flair claiming that Bret Hart is a mid-carder?
Flair is way over his head, this is coming from a guy that was released from the WWF in the prime of his career in 1992?
Put Flair through a stroke, losing three family members and two close friends withing the space of five years.
Didn't Flair take his WCW world heavyweight championship with him to the WWF? I seem to remember Bret Hart had more respect that that and got screwed for it.
Flair I have lost all the respect I have ever had for you, not that I had much to start with, to describe Ric Flair in one word=overrated.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Ric Flair shoots on the Hitman

I think someone's getting ssseeennnniiiilllleeeee.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Ric...saying Bret's a midcarder obviously makes you ignorant. You don't have to like the man, but respect his accomplishments. Bret participated in some of the best-worked matches of the 1990's. But saying he didn't work as hard as you did in your prime? I'm sorry, but that's purely ignorant and politically motivated.

Bret embodies an ideal wrestling worth ethic...I've never seen Bret sleepwalk through a match. To think that Ric feels he's a "legend in his own mind" is very upsetting.

I'm not saying what Bret once said about Ric was warranted either, but I just think both men should at least respect one-another as professionals in spite of all their personal squabbles.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Wow that was a dumb statement. He's trying to insult Bret but in the end looks very foolish. He needs to check his ego at the door.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

All this is, is a school yard pissing match up between two old guys(yes I'm aware of what they accomplished). Let it slide by.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Ric...saying Bret's a midcarder obviously makes you ignorant. You don't have to like the man, but respect his accomplishments. Bret participated in some of the best-worked matches of the 1990's. But saying he didn't work as hard as you did in your prime? I'm sorry, but that's purely ignorant and politically motivated.

Bret embodies an ideal wrestling worth ethic...I've never seen Bret sleepwalk through a match. To think that Ric feels he's a "legend in his own mind" is very upsetting.

I'm not saying what Bret once said about Ric was warranted either, but I just think both men should at least respect one-another as professionals in spite of all their personal squabbles.
From the looks of that article, Ric may be reacting to some things Bret said about him. In my opinion Ringmanship = Bret > Ric. In regards to overall mic skills and promoting a fight outside the ring = Ric>Bret.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I've am a huge Flair fan have been for years (85-present) I don't agree w/ his statement about Bret at all. I was never a fan of Hart ever but, I do respect his work and wish that his career would have ended on a better note.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Banned

SW Iowa Guy's Arena

OVR: 5

Flair is a piece of ****

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »