Home

How Is The WWE Doing Today? Catch Me Up On Some Things

This is a discussion on How Is The WWE Doing Today? Catch Me Up On Some Things within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30
How Is The WWE Doing Today? Catch Me Up On Some Things

I was a HUGE WWE fan back in the day. Not so much now.

I don't know if it's because I got older. Or just because the product isn't the same. Maybe you guys could clear that up for me.

I also loved the Rock (no homo). Dude had everything you could want in a superstar. He was exciting to watch and he would crack me up on the mic.

My favorite match of All Time was Hogan/Rock at Wrestlemania. Maybe it could be that I haven't found somebody who I really enjoy watching like him.

To which I ask, is there anybody in todays WWE that is as fun to watch as the Rock or Stone Cold? John Cena just doesn't do it for me. If the Rock was going to make a return, I'd be tuning in every night for sure.

Did the draft they started back then help the WWE (separating the roster into two)? I never liked the idea. Only because it seems like it's always the same people competing for the title. My thinking was that by having one single roster for both shows, that it allowed for more variety in feuds as there are more big name guys able to compete against each other.

Is the WWE better or worse now than it was in the past? If you asked me, I'd say worse. But I'm just one man. Plus, I haven't even really, seriously watched it in forever. I turned it on a couple months back and saw a pasty white dude with red hair was the world champion. I was like "WTH". He just didn't have the superstar "look" to me, if that makes sense. Randy Orton and Cena have that look and feel to them. He did not at all to me.

So what are your opinions. I'm just an older WWE fan with a few questions from those that still follow the show. Maybe you could even convince me that it's worth watching now in the process. As I would like to get back into it.

Thoughts?

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #2

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: How Is The WWE Doing Today? Catch Me Up On Some Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
I was a HUGE WWE fan back in the day. Not so much now.

I don't know if it's because I got older. Or just because the product isn't the same. Maybe you guys could clear that up for me.

I also loved the Rock (no homo). Dude had everything you could want in a superstar. He was exciting to watch and he would crack me up on the mic.

My favorite match of All Time was Hogan/Rock at Wrestlemania. Maybe it could be that I haven't found somebody who I really enjoy watching like him.

To which I ask, is there anybody in todays WWE that is as fun to watch as the Rock or Stone Cold? John Cena just doesn't do it for me. If the Rock was going to make a return, I'd be tuning in every night for sure.

Did the draft they started back then help the WWE (separating the roster into two)? I never liked the idea. Only because it seems like it's always the same people competing for the title. My thinking was that by having one single roster for both shows, that it allowed for more variety in feuds as there are more big name guys able to compete against each other.

Is the WWE better or worse now than it was in the past? If you asked me, I'd say worse. But I'm just one man. Plus, I haven't even really, seriously watched it in forever. I turned it on a couple months back and saw a pasty white dude with red hair was the world champion. I was like "WTH". He just didn't have the superstar "look" to me, if that makes sense. Randy Orton and Cena have that look and feel to them. He did not at all to me.

So what are your opinions. I'm just an older WWE fan with a few questions from those that still follow the show. Maybe you could even convince me that it's worth watching now in the process. As I would like to get back into it.

Thoughts?
There are a lot of young wrestlers to get into. My personal favorite would be CM Punk. But you also have Randy Orton, Sheamus, Nexus, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, etc.

There have been rumors of unifying the belts, but for now there are two different rosters with 2 different shows still.

IMO, it is much better. They are currently going through a youth movement and PG movement but there has been a wave of new storylines and title holders. And one of the best new storylines would have to be the Nexus.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: How Is The WWE Doing Today? Catch Me Up On Some Things

Ratings are no longer in the 4.0+ range.

Probably because it's not the same.

I never considered Stone Cold fun. Liked The Rock though. CM Punk and Wade Barrett are currently the only 2 I can think of that are above average/great in ring and also great on the mic. Punk's considerable talents have been wasted for quite some time but Barrett is in the main event on Raw though he just made his WWE debut in January or Febuary. The Miz is great on the mic,still pretty average in the ring but has recently shown a lot of improvement. So you might like one of them. Edge is still pretty good in both too but has also been kind of un/misused recently. Alberto Del Rio hasn't had enough matches to know if he's any good in ring yet but has been entertaining overall. Jericho is great on both but currently on vacation. Evan Bourne,Kofi Kingston,Daniel Bryan,Kaval,Jack Swagger,Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison are all great in ring but not top notch on the mic and only Swagger has been a main champion though Kaval has a shot he cash in at some point. Then there's Justin Gabriel. Great in ring and he doesn't have to talk since he's in the same faction as Barrett. I also feel Drew McIntyre is solid but a lot of people are down on him for reasons I can't see.

I think the draft helped. It'd be even worse with the same guys without it. Swagger,Miz,Punk,Barrett,Rey Mysterio,Jeff Hardy and Sheamus (aka "pasty white dude") probably wouldn't have gotten their shots/chances at the big titles if there was only 1. As there are 2 they can afford to take chances with one of them.

Last edited by goh; 10-11-2010 at 12:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »