Home

Monday Night Raw - 4/4/11 Era of aawweeesssooommeeee continues

This is a discussion on Monday Night Raw - 4/4/11 Era of aawweeesssooommeeee continues within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:51 AM   #185
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Monday Night Raw - 4/4/11 Era of aawweeesssooommeeee continues

Showing my age here but The Rock just doesn't work for me. When he first showed up it was a major hit. Let's be real though , since then it's been above average at best. Crowd doesn't know what to do at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #186
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble... but Sin Cara didn't actually jump the ropes... if you go back and watch the video on WWE.com... when he first looks at the ring, you can clearly see the trampoline they have set up for him to leap over the ropes.

Thankfully he was quick enough not to pull an Ultimo Dragon on the dismount over the ropes... but it was close.

Loved the rest of the segment, though.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 AM   #187
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Huge gamble on making The Rock/Cena for WrestleMania 28 a year in advance. A lot can happen, but hopefully it all comes together for them because it will sell some tickets/PPVs.

Orton/Mysterio v Rhodes/Punk was a pretty fun little tag match, it's a shame they put two commercial breaks in it though.

I wish they would have given Sheamus/Bryan more time since they bumped it from WrestleMania.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #188
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble... but Sin Cara didn't actually jump the ropes... if you go back and watch the video on WWE.com... when he first looks at the ring, you can clearly see the trampoline they have set up for him to leap over the ropes.

Thankfully he was quick enough not to pull an Ultimo Dragon on the dismount over the ropes... but it was close.

Loved the rest of the segment, though.

I was for letting the mystery live and not posting this but here's a pic someone took since someone had to say something.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #189
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I personally love that they already booked Cena/Rock a year in advance. The hype and build-up is going to be amazing IMO.

Also, I don't see WWE butchering this in any way. This is a massive, massive match for the company because of the generational gap. We've already seen so many people say they came back just to watch Rock, Austin, etc return. This match is what will keep them around after the feud is over, so they have no choice. They can't blow it.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #190
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I personally love that they already booked Cena/Rock a year in advance. The hype and build-up is going to be amazing IMO.

Also, I don't see WWE butchering this in any way. This is a massive, massive match for the company because of the generational gap. We've already seen so many people say they came back just to watch Rock, Austin, etc return. This match is what will keep them around after the feud is over, so they have no choice. They can't blow it.
I do not like it at all. It's too long and there is not enough on the line. The Rock has been in a match like this when he was Cena and The Rock's role was Hogan. I wouldn't mind a build-up for the streak, but this announcement seems unecessary to me...and IMO kind of makes yesterday's WM a throw away.

Also way to totally bury the Corre...although I wouldn't mind seeing the tag champs go off on their own. Gabriel and Wendy's can help build the tag division back up. The LOD hall of fame segment made me realize that I miss a solid tag division. Also Wade can bring some respect back to the IC title.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #191
All Star

OVR: 2

Now that I think about it, they may not have burried the Corre. If they play the "fed up" "no respect" "we'll show cena" type angle then they can all of a sudden go nuts.

Also what was with all the smackdown guys last night? was it because of the follow-up to wrestlemania show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #192
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostrelms
And the Corre needs to get rid of Big Zeke. not impressed by him at all. Barrett/Gabriel? Love those two. Big Zeke not so much.
While Zeke is definitely lacking, he plays his role well. He's an enforcer who is one of the most intimidating looking guys in the WWE capable of hitting a big slam or two. I know it isn't much, but trust me that his presence alone offers a lot to the stable. Without the Corre I might be inclined to agree with you, but he is exactly what they need. If you give him the boot, who do you replace him with? My biggest problem is this "equal members" B.S. because one, it limits Barrett's potential (who is the clear star in the group), and two it causes Zeke to *gasp* speak.

Also, I didn't comment on the one year build-up but I actually think it is genius and am really excited for the possibilities. The thing I most look forward to seeing is how long they can keep Cena face as the crowds have been getting more and more hostile lately and aren't even mixed anymore. I'm sure they want to save the turn for Mania, but the fans might not let them.

Overall, I really liked Raw. Underrated moment: Rhodes countering the 619 with the beautiful disaster. I absolutely love this kid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »