Home

Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling maybe

This is a discussion on Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling maybe within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #465
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30
Yeah. I thought the singing Rock was entertaining.

But that damn ending was terrible. I almost feel like that was thrown in to give Cena something else to make fun of the Rock for. I can almost guarantee that Cena is going to make fun of Rocks little "We will Rock You" rap the next time we see him.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #466
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling mayb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
You guys really need to stop with the rose colored glasses when it comes to the Attitude Era. There were great moments and it was a great time but stop pretending that every single second of RAW used to be entertaining. There was a lot of boring stuff, lots of bad storylines, lots of storylines without resolutions.

And I'm with Matrix, I never thought the old rapping Cena was funny. I don't find anything about white guys embracing the hip hop culture entertaining at all. You just end up looking like an idiot. Cena's overall character is a lot better now.
Watching old Attitude-era clips now, I still feel like it was a way superior product top-to-bottom. Sure, there was still the inane and ridiculous, but I thought it was much better overall.

And the rapping Cena being stupid has nothing to do with him being white and embracing the "hip hop culture" at all, at least not for me. And I'd prefer we don't get into that. I just thought it was stupid overall, and didnt (and still dont) think Cena's look and on-screen personality is worthy of the stature he somehow has now. He never did anything during that time to make me say "damn, this guy should be a main eventer NOW". I just....didn't care. I feel like you have a whole run of guys who were huge as THE guy in the company, Hogan/Bret/HBK/SCSA/Rock.....and then Cena? Eh. Just....eh. Always felt Cena was forced. Hard to articulate clearly.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 03-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #467
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

Re: Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling mayb

So, apparently Eve stood up Ryder for their date....

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Old 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #468
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
So, apparently Eve stood up Ryder for their date....
I actually think Rider could be a decent heel partnered with Eve. And I dont think he'd have to change his character too much.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #469
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
I actually think Rider could be a decent heel partnered with Eve. And I dont think he'd have to change his character too much.
He already did that with Rosa Mendes in ECW a couple of years back.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #470
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97

There's an example of him being more serious and it absolutely working. Of course, he's not a heel right now, but I'd love to see more of this Rock right now. He even flubs some lines but it's all good, he came back from it. This is actually one of my favorites of his.

Edit: The commentating was a lot better there as well.
That was more serious than "The Rock Concert" sure, but I don't think it's any more serious than a lot of his promos have been. A big difference, to me, is that the entire segment you posted was about 8 minutes long, and about half of that was Shane talking and the ensuing beatdown. They're asking The Rock to give a 15-20 minute promo every single time he goes out. That's tough to do.

The ironic thing is, if he came back and did all that same stuff, all the catchphrases, Hollywood Rock, etc., there'd still be a ton of people complaining that he's doing the same old thing. To me, with very few exceptions since he returned, he's been entertaining. And he's really gotten Cena to step up his game - Cena is more entertaining lately to me than he has been since I started watching again in late 2007.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #471
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
That was more serious than "The Rock Concert" sure, but I don't think it's any more serious than a lot of his promos have been. A big difference, to me, is that the entire segment you posted was about 8 minutes long, and about half of that was Shane talking and the ensuing beatdown. They're asking The Rock to give a 15-20 minute promo every single time he goes out. That's tough to do.

The ironic thing is, if he came back and did all that same stuff, all the catchphrases, Hollywood Rock, etc., there'd still be a ton of people complaining that he's doing the same old thing. To me, with very few exceptions since he returned, he's been entertaining. And he's really gotten Cena to step up his game - Cena is more entertaining lately to me than he has been since I started watching again in late 2007.
I don't buy that for a second. When SCSA has returned (the few times he has) he's basically done the same stuff he did during the AE and people have loved it. Maybe b/c he's around less often and was overall more over than Rock was, but he's still beloved.

Someone pointed out how his return in 04 was good and even when he did a promo at the SD 10th anniversary in 09 it was good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5coqRiRWM

I don't know why he's pandering so much to the fans now. The Rock never pandered this much to the fans, and was an egotistical narcissist whether he was a face or a heel. I don't know if WWE is afraid that having him do that now would turn too many people against him or what, but it's killing the feud right now for him not to be that guy.

PSN: dsavbeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #472
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

They're asking him to create substance when there's no substance. That's why it sucks.

Cena didn't cost Rock the title, Rock didn't win the Royal Rumble to become the #1 contender, Cena didn't get caught porking Rock's wife.

There is NOTHING behind this. Rock has nothing to work with.

Ever realize how the best feuds are the ones that have something to work on? CM Punk v. Jeff Hardy, Cena, or Jericho. The Nexus angle. HBK/Taker, etc.

You can't just throw **** together and have people care about it. That's why there are so many duds in recent memory. Things are just tossed to the wall. There is no real rhyme or reason to so much that happens. It kills the product.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 03-13-2012 at 06:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »