Home

Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling maybe

This is a discussion on Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling maybe within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #489
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling mayb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
You guys really need to stop with the rose colored glasses when it comes to the Attitude Era. There were great moments and it was a great time but stop pretending that every single second of RAW used to be entertaining. There was a lot of boring stuff, lots of bad storylines, lots of storylines without resolutions.

And I'm with Matrix, I never thought the old rapping Cena was funny. I don't find anything about white guys embracing the hip hop culture entertaining at all. You just end up looking like an idiot. Cena's overall character is a lot better now.
It has nothing to do with rose colored glasses. The Attitude Era, in my opinion, was simply better. The superstars had more charisma, the storylines were generally better, things like Tag Team Champions meant more. Not to mention there was the added drama of the Monday Night Wars. There were two big wrestling promotions putting out high quality shows on Mondays and both delivering great PPVs. It was awesome.

I don't think that anyone is pretending that is was perfect or that every single second was filled with awesome but that doesn't mean it can't have been better. I still watch WWE today, but there's no doubt in my mind about which era I think is better. AE wins hands down every single time. I look fondly back on Rock-N-Wrestling from back when I was a kid but I'd still take the Attitude Era over that as well.

If you think preferring one period of wrestling over another is simply looking through rose colored glasses, then think what you will I suppose. I'll keep looking through em'. There's a pretty significant difference in quality, in my eyes at least, between then and now.

Edit: That's another thread discussion though, so I'm just gonna stop there.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 03-14-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #490
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling mayb

I think the purpose of Jericho's promo was simply to get under Punk's skin and make it more personal. Kind of like when Punk talked about Triple H's wife. The sad part of it is that it most likely means Punk wins at Mania.

For the record I think the Attitude era was better as well. I think the talent was better and the script was better written at the time. No it wasn't always great, but more so than it is now. Plus, it added more realism to brutal matches such as HIAC and Elimination Chamber.

Last edited by savoie2006; 03-14-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #491
All Star

OVR: 2

You're right, just because you're father was an alcoholic doesn't mean your guaranteed to be. But it does mean that you're chances of becoming one are VASTLY increased. Lot's of children of alcoholic's live either a straight edge lifestyle or very close to one out of fear and the knowledge that they are more susceptible to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #492
Banned

OVR: 24

So we've had the singing Rock and rappin Cena. What's gonna happen this coming Monday? WM isn't here yet, and they still need to somehow keep interest in this "feud".
Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #493
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
You're right, just because you're father was an alcoholic doesn't mean your guaranteed to be. But it does mean that you're chances of becoming one are VASTLY increased. Lot's of children of alcoholic's live either a straight edge lifestyle or very close to one out of fear and the knowledge that they are more susceptible to it.
And that is true. But the way this storyline is going, it's more like Punk is a recovering alcoholic. If this feud was against someone who had problems with substance abuse themselves (like a Shawn Michaels, for example) it'd make a TON more sense.

I understand that in wrestling you have to suspend your disbelief. I have no problem when Kane has the ability to control fire (but apparently has the moral compass to not just shoot fireballs at people at the start of every match). That's fine to me. But when you are trying to make a storyline that's rooted in reality that makes giant leaps of logic, I have a problem with it. If he were to start drinking, is CM Punk more likely to become an alcholic and crave the stuff? Absolutely. But does he already crave it? No. Is the fact that his father was an alcoholic mean that (after 33 years of not drinking) Punk is more susceptible to dive into drinking after a tough loss? Nope. He's actually probably less likely.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #494
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Totally calling him if I need a lawyer.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #495
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Call me crazy but I'm sure Jericho will expand on it further, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #496
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1942

Totally calling him if I need a lawyer.
I'm not calling him, I'm tweeting him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »