Home

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania vs. WWE All Stars?

This is a discussion on WWE Legends of Wrestlemania vs. WWE All Stars? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania vs. WWE All Stars?

I'm 30 years old, grew up watching the 80's and 90's WWF, played WM2000 on the N64 in college (my favorite wrestling video game ever) and then lost interest in wrestling.

Is there any way I would prefer Legends of Wrestlemania over All Stars? I am having a hard time deciding what I would like more. I'm a casual gamer and I grew up watching those "Legends" - so I'm thinking maybe Legends Of Wrestlemania is for me... especially at its $20 price tag.

I'm sure the graphics are better on the new game, but I don't know who any of the newer guys are.

NEITHER game has a true tag-team mode if I'm reading correctly... is that really true? How is this possible... it seems like a lot of people would love to do tag-team matches, especially if you have 4 people hanging out together.

I guess I just need to know what you think I'd prefer given the information I gave you. I'm leaning towards Legends of Wrestlemania but I'd like to know what all you guys think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: WWE Legends of Wrestlemania vs. WWE All Stars?

Legends of Mania does have a Tag Team Mode. You do have to tag in and out. You can also do some finishers and double team moves, etc.

All Stars you can't do anything tag team related. Tornado rules. It's an all out brawl! That's the point of All Stars though.

I think both games have their pros and cons.

I'm having more fun with All Stars though.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

i would love if they released a hybrid of the two games
Old 04-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadomac
I'm 30 years old, grew up watching the 80's and 90's WWF, played WM2000 on the N64 in college (my favorite wrestling video game ever) and then lost interest in wrestling.

Is there any way I would prefer Legends of Wrestlemania over All Stars? I am having a hard time deciding what I would like more. I'm a casual gamer and I grew up watching those "Legends" - so I'm thinking maybe Legends Of Wrestlemania is for me... especially at its $20 price tag.

I'm sure the graphics are better on the new game, but I don't know who any of the newer guys are.

NEITHER game has a true tag-team mode if I'm reading correctly... is that really true? How is this possible... it seems like a lot of people would love to do tag-team matches, especially if you have 4 people hanging out together.

I guess I just need to know what you think I'd prefer given the information I gave you. I'm leaning towards Legends of Wrestlemania but I'd like to know what all you guys think.
I would say Legends of Wrestlemania would be your best bet. One of the cool things about LOW is that you can defend titles (Heavyweight, IC, Million Dollar and Tag Team) in Exhibition matches. So if you fancy yourself as a "booker" you can create your own shows and set up your own title matches and actually see the titles change hands.

The game is a lot of fun. The controls are simple, but the CPU will give you a pretty good challenge on the higher difficulties. I have a house rule where I can't go for a pin until I've successfully hit a finisher on the CPU.

You will also love the Rewind, Relive and Redefine modes. The video packages alone are worth it.

The entrances are really good and most guys have their original music. You also get the arenas from the first 15 Wrestlemanias, and a Royal Rumble arena.

If you want more wrestlers to choose from, you can import the SVR 09 wrestlers into the game if you have a SVR 09 save file on your 360 or PS3.

Hope that helps. I had LOW but sold it back a while ago. I was going to post this same question but after playing the Demo, I think that for me, LOW is the way to go. I like All-Stars, but not for $60.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm the same age and grew up watching wrestling as well, although my family was more a fan of NWA and WCW than WWF/E.

All-Stars is definitely the more arcade-oriented title. It has more action and a quicker pace. Although it's technically a wrestling title, it plays like a fighting game with moves that can be chained together in combos. Everything about it, from its moves to its character design is over the top and larger than life, which fits that period of wrestling.

LOWM is more of a hybrid game when compared to SVR and All-Stars. You can also chain together some strikes and grapples in this game but its gameplay largely depends upon timing mini-games. These quick time events help to set a realistic match pacing that is reminiscent of what we saw growing up.

Both are fun, but for different reasons. LOWM is a more authentic representation of that period of wrestling. As the user above said, there are varied game modes but the best experience is in the "Relive. Rewrite. Redefine." mode. Brings back a lot of memories and evokes some nostalgia.

All-Stars is also fun, but its novelty wears off quickly, too. It is however being supported by future DLC.

Both are worth picking up eventually, but if you wait, I'm sure All-Stars will drop in value soon. In the meantime, you could start with LOWM and save a few bucks. I don't think All-Stars is really worth three times what LOWM is anyway. And besides, with LOWM you get a bigger roster to choose from that includes some interesting additions yet to be seen in other games, like Arn Anderson, King Kong Bundy, John Studd, and others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

After playing both, I think WWE All-Stars may be the better of the two. True, LOWM's experience is a bit more realistic but All-Stars puts more control in your hands. The God of War-like Quick Time Events in LOWM are pretty to look at and beautifully animated, but they take a ton of control out of your hands.

All-Stars may be simplistic and exaggerated on the surface, but it's a really fresh, surprising game IMO. It's a well-needed departure from the run-of-the-mill regardless of its limited roster and kid-friendly design. Most of all, though, it's fun. It's not quite in the class of No Mercy and isn't anywhere as deep as SvR, but it's still a great pick-up-and-play title.

LOWM will offer you more of what SvR offers (but may be too much like SVR apart from gameplay). Some elements will frustrate you while others will seem amazingly well-done. You'll either grow to love or hate the quick time elements the game uses, and there isn't an option to turn them off.

I prefer All-Stars, but LOWM wasn't that bad of a game from what I remember. It's all up to where your personal tastes lie.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I say get LOW, especially if you are gonna be playing solo alot.

I also don't watch wrestling these days. The gameplay won't blow you away in LOW, but the modes are pretty awesome. For 20 bucks, I really think you'd get your money's worth. Plus the AI is tweakable, and can make it pretty tough. Caw is good (though lack of moves). Roster is great, tag match have alot to them. Managers have never been more useful in a wrestling game. Defendable titles, and plenty to do in the relive, rewrite, redefine mode.

All-Stars has deeper gameplay, and it's alot of fun in the ring. Playing with friends never gets old. It's not perfect in the ring either though, but still much better that LOW which is only a serviceable game.

Outside the ring in allstars there is very little to do. Path of champions is very blah, fantasy warfare is cool. But only lasts a few hours and isn't challanged based like LOW "re" modes, which have you do lots of things to beat it full. In fantasy warfare the only objective is to beat the opponent (and unlock wrestlers.) Tag matches are pretty awful, it's basically two 1 on 1 matches (though you can interrupt moves). There are no titles, no way to turn off KOs, no way to tweak the AI. All Stars is really tough at first. But after 3 days of playing I can beat the computer with anyone against anyone.

Once you get good, matches are short in All Stars. Like really short. In LOW, you can have some -e p i c- matches. It took me over a month to wrestle the belt away from taker & paul bearer, and when I did, it was simply the best match I ever had against a cpu in a wrestling game. All Stars, you can do some neat moves and stuff, but you can't have matches like that.

TO SUM UP
I recommend LOW. It's cheaper, you get alot more bang for your buck. All-Stars has better gameplay for sure, but after a week the only fun to have is mostly against friends. LOW has more modes, better modes, bigger roster, more options, better options. It's gameplay isn't gonna blow anyone away, but there is alot more to do and it's way cheaper.

Last edited by SeerMagicX; 04-09-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
All Star

man if only we could have gotten LoW II with more RE matches, All-Star's game play and updated graphic styles

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »