Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #13073

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
He got married again??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They didn't actually get married. It was just a ceremony. Pretty sure he's done with marriages. Part of his sobriety lol.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #13074
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Stephanie McMahon was a speaker at the SBJ Game Changers Conference and said this line. If you needed a laugh, here it is....

Spoiler

To quote Becky Lynch, Delusional, That's just delusional.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 09-14-2018 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:04 AM   #13075

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

They need to realize there's a difference between hearing someone VS listening to them. WWE hears their fans loud and clear, but don't listen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #13076
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I mean, she's the branding person and she's giving a PR speech, so this isn't a statement out of context there.

What else do you expect? "We don't listen to our fans...but for some reason they keep buying merchandise, tickets, and subscribing to our network"?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:47 AM   #13077
Rookie

Thing is people might buy into the product for certain parts and with the brand being the draw now it's seen as you support the whole show.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:44 AM   #13078

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Yep, WWE always giving the fans what they want. Never sacrificing a great match or a great show for the sake of putting over talent that the fans have rejected time and time again, and certainly never had to edit or explain away live crowd reactions to force feed us their TV "story" narratives.

It's funny, at no time have they listened less to their live crowds and fan base when it comes to who to push and who to position as a heel/babyface.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #13079
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

They don't need to "listen to the fans."

They just need to write coherent, defined stories with performers that have coherent, defined roles.

Make a good, compelling, unique product and the fans will come to you naturally.

I'd argue that "listening to the fans" and "allowing" the fans to meddle and muddle things especially with the heel/face dynamics is actually a bit of a reason the product is trash now. Now, there is no heel/face. The fans put themselves over first and foremost. That's why you have a "heel" who has their chants and catchphrases chanted along with. The fans, by and large, are morons. They shouldn't dictate the product more than they consume the product. But they have to have a product being offered to them.

I'd also argue that letting fans "in" on the industry has helped to ruin the industry quite a bit. A big part of the fun is immersing ourselves in the product. If there is no product offered to us and we "know everything about it" all the time, then how can we take what we're watching seriously? How can we sink our teeth into something week to week? There's a desire by fans to be "in" on it. They don't need to give us "backstage peeks" after and between every show, completely ruining the feel of wrestling and not letting fans' main exposure to the product actually be related to the product. We don't need to be overexposed to the "real" people behind the characters. We don't need spoilers or dirt. We're not insiders nor should we be. It's none of our business and only makes us hate things more.

I'd also argue that playing to forces outside of the industry, trying to become more UFC/ESPN-friendly for money's sake has completely zapped what makes wrestling special in the first place. The wrestling industry has always been standalone. Yes, I'm aware that there's always been "outside" influence in wrestling with passing celebrities and crossover appeal, but the outside influence used to come to the product. It used to exist within the confines of the show. Now the product aims outward, if that makes sense. Everything is catered outward. Instead of promoting your talent that's busted their *** and improved from day one in the name of their "revolution," you **** on them by bringing in Ronda Rousey and showering her with all the attention right after Asuka wins the Royal Rumble, or letting Rousey dominate Bliss at Summerslam. Or Lesnar ****ting on literally every opponent he's had even those those opponents are the ones carrying your actual shows week to week. All for the sake of those mainstream headlines. Those tweets and articles they show us on every weekly show in that little segment clip with the dumb song they choose while they display all of them one after the other. They haven't protected their performers, their shows, or matches in years. Everything is just a cyclical calendar date to them now. You know how I always say things get "cookie-cutter"?

I'd argue that the real "death" of wrestling started with when they kowtowed to whiny pressure and got rid of Muhammad Hassan. I never recalled the company withering away to the whiners before that. I think it all started there and then they got progressively concerned with what people "outside" thought.

And I get "making it bigger," because every business is about making money. But you can make money and become a global phenomenon by doing what you did before and doing it compelling enough to draw in that way. You don't need to cater to UFC, ESPN, making dumb shows in Saudi Arabia and Australia that don't mean **** and throw away weeks of your regular programming intended to advance your actual product just to promote it.

There are so many things wrong with the product and the company. But as long as they're making money they don't care that the business is no longer what it was, and we as the fans have to accept that. I'm accepting that by watching less and less because there isn't anything that interests me. If it wasn't for wrestling being a common bond I share with my brothers that allows us to get together and watch and talk about it throughout the week, I would have given up a long time ago.

The company is unrecognizable and irreparable.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 09-14-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #13080
MVP

Brother Love's Arena

WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
They don't need to "listen to the fans."

They just need to write coherent, defined stories with performers that have coherent, defined roles.

Make a good, compelling, unique product and the fans will come to you naturally.

I'd argue that "listening to the fans" and "allowing" the fans to meddle and muddle things especially with the heel/face dynamics is actually a bit of a reason the product is trash now. Now, there is no heel/face. The fans put themselves over first and foremost. That's why you have a "heel" who has their chants and catchphrases chanted along with. The fans, by and large, are morons. They shouldn't dictate the product more than they consume the product. But they have to have a product being offered to them.

I'd also argue that letting fans "in" on the industry has helped to ruin the industry quite a bit. A big part of the fun is immersing ourselves in the product. If there is no product offered to us and we "know everything about it" all the time, then how can we take what we're watching seriously? How can we sink our teeth into something week to week? There's a desire by fans to be "in" on it. They don't need to give us "backstage peeks" after and between every show, completely ruining the feel of wrestling and not letting fans' main exposure to the product actually be related to the product. We don't need to be overexposed to the "real" people behind the characters. We don't need spoilers or dirt. We're not insiders nor should we be. It's none of our business and only makes us hate things more.

I'd also argue that playing to forces outside of the industry, trying to become more UFC/ESPN-friendly for money's sake has completely zapped what makes wrestling special in the first place. The wrestling industry has always been standalone. Yes, I'm aware that there's always been "outside" influence in wrestling with passing celebrities and crossover appeal, but the outside influence used to come to the product. It used to exist within the confines of the show. Now the product aims outward, if that makes sense. Everything is catered outward. Instead of promoting your talent that's busted their *** and improved from day one in the name of their "revolution," you **** on them by bringing in Ronda Rousey and showering her with all the attention right after Asuka wins the Royal Rumble, or letting Rousey dominate Bliss at Summerslam. Or Lesnar ****ting on literally every opponent he's had even those those opponents are the ones carrying your actual shows week to week. All for the sake of those mainstream headlines. Those tweets and articles they show us on every weekly show in that little segment clip with the dumb song they choose while they display all of them one after the other. They haven't protected their performers, their shows, or matches in years. Everything is just a cyclical calendar date to them now. You know how I always say things get "cookie-cutter"?

I'd argue that the real "death" of wrestling started with when they kowtowed to whiny pressure and got rid of Muhammad Hassan. I never recalled the company withering away to the whiners before that. I think it all started there and then they got progressively concerned with what people "outside" thought.

And I get "making it bigger," because every business is about making money. But you can make money and become a global phenomenon by doing what you did before and doing it compelling enough to draw in that way. You don't need to cater to UFC, ESPN, making dumb shows in Saudi Arabia and Australia that don't mean **** and throw away weeks of your regular programming intended to advance your actual product just to promote it.

There are so many things wrong with the product and the company. But as long as they're making money they don't care that the business is no longer what it was, and we as the fans have to accept that. I'm accepting that by watching less and less because there isn't anything that interests me. If it wasn't for wrestling being a common bond I share with my brothers that allows us to get together and watch and talk about it throughout the week, I would have given up a long time ago.

The company is unrecognizable and irreparable.

What do you figure they should have told the network when they said Hassan isn’t going to be shown on our network any longer?

Some of you guys clearly don’t have an understanding of business and how you gotta do things sometimes you don’t like.

It’s funny because one day you’ll see the internet up in arms because they got rid of Hassan and then another day the internet will talk about how Vince was an ******* for plugging the Gulf War into the story from Rumble 91-WM7.

They can’t win and they know it. So in the mean time they’ll just keep pissing people off and counting the stacks and stacks and stacks of money they keep rolling in and help provide jobs for all their employees while the internet drones on about how they could do it better because wrestling today sucks.

Wresting sucks today but I figure that has something more to do with me being 34, married and a dad than it does with wrestling itself. Sometimes ya grow out of things. It’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »