Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #15025
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I remember watching Wrestling back in NWA early WCW days where they would make a big deal going to a commercial and say if the match ends during the break we will replay what happened. Maybe it's just me but I actually liked that made it seem more "realistic", anything can happen at any time.
I liked that approach too. They’re doing a 3 hour tv show on cable, commercial breaks are always going to be there and it’s inevitable that one will come at a time the messes up the flow of the show
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #15026
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I remember watching Wrestling back in NWA early WCW days where they would make a big deal going to a commercial and say if the match ends during the break we will replay what happened. Maybe it's just me but I actually liked that made it seem more "realistic", anything can happen at any time.
I think WWE did this 4 or 5 years ago with a Cesaro match? I swear I remember them coming back from break and replaying a finish. I'll have to look it up, because it was random as hell but a nice change of pace.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:09 PM   #15027
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I think WWE did this 4 or 5 years ago with a Cesaro match? I swear I remember them coming back from break and replaying a finish. I'll have to look it up, because it was random as hell but a nice change of pace.
I think it was Cesaro and Kofi, but that was when they were in their “make sure you have the WWE app” stage and they were trying to get people to tune in to the app during commercials
Old 06-23-2019, 06:21 PM   #15028
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Apparently the city of Los Angeles and the new shiny stadium of the Rams/Chargers is the front runner to hold Wrestlemania in 2021. Now, the city wants it in 2021 in order to work out any kinks for hosting a major event before they host the Super Bowl in 2022. WWE meanwhile wants to run Mania in LA in 2022, after the Super Bowl in order to see what attendance numbers the NFL announces so they can try to beat it.

https://ewrestling.com/article/backs...a-2021-or-2022

If they decide anywhere else for 2021, I could see it being Atlanta in their new stadium to stay in the south. Unless they choose a new city that isn't in Florida, New York or Louisiana.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #15029

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Vince McMahon held a production meeting last week and has decided to make a change based off other sporting events. The increase in 2 out of 3 falls matches has been made because Vince no longer wants to be in commercial during a live match. WWE wants to be like other sports in the fact that they are never in commercial during live action. Guess we'll see how long this lasts starting this week.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vi...ercial-breaks/
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That sounds terrible, I don’t see what the big deal is with commercial breaks in a match
Its a great idea. Breaks during matches are so annoying.

Superstar 1 enters
*Break*
Show returns with superstar 1 in the ring waiting as superstar 2 enter
Match goes on for several minutes
*Break*
Match continues on until conclusion(except for main event matches which has 1 more break before the ending)

You know for a fact that theres no way a match is ending before that first commercial break.

Itd be like watching a football game knowing nobody is scoring until quarter is almost halfway done and they take a TV timeout before that point.

Every match this happens which is the problem. Main event matches could get a pass, but not others. Who wants to see Revival vs B Team where it's a 10+ min match, and first 4 happen before the commercial break and you know it's not ending?
Old 06-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #15030
MVP

Brother Love's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Lol are you serious? This is one of the things bitched about by fans more than anything else and it's just proof that no matter what, wrestling fans will never be happy and always find something to complain about.

How long have we been saying these matches are so formulaic because you can tell exactly when it's going to commercial break?

Damn good post right here. That’s easily one of the top 3 or 4 gripes here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #15031
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Apparently the city of Los Angeles and the new shiny stadium of the Rams/Chargers is the front runner to hold Wrestlemania in 2021. Now, the city wants it in 2021 in order to work out any kinks for hosting a major event before they host the Super Bowl in 2022. WWE meanwhile wants to run Mania in LA in 2022, after the Super Bowl in order to see what attendance numbers the NFL announces so they can try to beat it.

https://ewrestling.com/article/backs...a-2021-or-2022

If they decide anywhere else for 2021, I could see it being Atlanta in their new stadium to stay in the south. Unless they choose a new city that isn't in Florida, New York or Louisiana.
Minneapolis deserves one. New stadium and such an underrated city. Plus imagine the pop Brock would get.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 06:16 PM   #15032

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Love
Damn good post right here. That’s easily one of the top 3 or 4 gripes here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Lol are you serious? This is one of the things bitched about by fans more than anything else and it's just proof that no matter what, wrestling fans will never be happy and always find something to complain about.

How long have we been saying these matches are so formulaic because you can tell exactly when it's going to commercial break?
*Superstar B rolls to the outside. Superstar A proceeds to do a dive to the outside to take out their opponent, then roll back in the ring*

Cole/Phillips: Superstar A with a dive to the outside! What incredible action we have here in (city name) as Raw/SD live rolls on!

*Show returns from commercial with Superstar B now in control*

Cole/Phillips: We welcome you back to Monday Night Raw/SD Live. Superstar B is now in control because of what transpired during the commercial break

*Cue a replay of what happened during the break*

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »