Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #18025

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
If you look here, this is what ticketmaster shows as the setup with 41K...

https://www.ticketmaster.com/wwe-sum...005AC304736074
Looks like the Rumble setup.

I'm guessing the camera will be behind section 1.

And from that map, it does look like a good chunk is sectioned off, but all the seats that we'll see on TV will be packed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2021, 12:50 PM   #18026

Majingir's Arena

Conrad Thompson is Ric Flairs son in law!? How'd I never know that?

The Flair Most Wanted Treasures episode was so intense. Biggest episode of the series obviously.

Just when I thought that Sunny Onno guy was horrible, that person with the Flair robe was the most ridiculous one, and you can see why they refused to appear publicly.

The whole story was just crazy.

Spoiler

Last edited by Majingir; 06-21-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:03 PM   #18027
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

So... did anything come of the talks between WWE & NJPW? Last I heard nothing was established and talks broke down or they are still ongoing.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:54 PM   #18028

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
So... did anything come of the talks between WWE & NJPW? Last I heard nothing was established and talks broke down or they are still ongoing.
I heard talks broke down.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #18029
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Well this should explain the current product or at least WWE RAW, and set off the marks and Jim Cornettes of the world. Even though that second paragraph where she calls Bobby Lashley Bobby Ashley and a giant black guy... wow. How do you not know the talent of the brand you're assigned to write for.

Like shouldn't there be a requirement that you watch wrestling, have a understanding of what wrestling is, etc? I guess the Smackdown writing team is filled of people with wrestling knowledge then.

Quote:

“Yes, I have just been hired by WWE. Given the things that you know about me and my entire life and what I’m into, yes [that’s surprising]. Yes, also a surprise for me. They did not require me to know anything about wrestling but I do have a background in film production and comedy writing and they’re like, ‘Perfect. Come on in.’

“So I am on the Monday Night Raw team. So there’s Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown and the people I know that are on it are Bobby — his name is either Bobby Ashley or Bobby Lashley and I really should know that. He’s like this giant Black guy and he and the people who are part of his crew, I know that they call — or at least as of last year, they called themselves The Hurt Business. The Hurt Business. They wear suits and they’re like, ‘We’re cool.’”
https://cultaholic.com/posts/new-wwe...bout-wrestling

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 06-23-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #18030

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Well this should explain the current product or at least WWE RAW, and set off the marks and Jim Cornettes of the world. Even though that second paragraph where she calls Bobby Lashley Bobby Ashley and a giant black guy... wow. How do you not know the talent of the brand you're assigned to write for.

Like shouldn't there be a requirement that you watch wrestling, have a understanding of what wrestling is, etc? I guess the Smackdown writing team is filled of people with wrestling knowledge then.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/new-wwe...bout-wrestling
Sad part, I'm not even surprised one bit at this. Watching or liking wrestling isn't even a requirement to hold many of these higher up positions in the company.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:40 PM   #18031
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Unpopular opinion (?): …so what? You don’t need to know wrestling to write characters, especially when none of these writers are deciding the story arcs.

If they were deciding how/where the storylines go or putting together matches, that would be a different thing; but just writing the dialogue to get from Vince’s Point A to Vince’s Point B? Meh, you don’t need to “know wrestling” for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2021, 12:33 AM   #18032

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Unpopular opinion (?): …so what? You don’t need to know wrestling to write characters, especially when none of these writers are deciding the story arcs.

If they were deciding how/where the storylines go or putting together matches, that would be a different thing; but just writing the dialogue to get from Vince’s Point A to Vince’s Point B? Meh, you don’t need to “know wrestling” for that.
But these writers are coming up with stuff to be read/performed by people who aren't actors, while writing for an audience they don't even understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »