Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #11745
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Man, that'd just be overkill and asking for a LOT on the fans part watching in the venue and live at home.

It’s going to be less watching then what is going on now, though. Right now it’s 3 hour Raw, 2 hour SDLive, 1 hour 205 Live, 1 hour NXT every week (if you’re watching everything). Then every other week add in a 2.5 hour PPV. And during the Big 4 it’s 3 hour Takeover then a 4-8 hour PPV depending on the event the next night.
With the new setup it becomes 3 hour Raw, 2 hour SDLive, 1 hour 205 Live, 1 hour NXT, 4 hour PPV (probably for all except Mania). Then for big Mania still that 5/6 hour main card and everything else 4 hours, with a 3 hour Takeover the night before. So in total you’d probably cut down about 2 hours per month of what your consumer needs to watch if they watch everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #11746
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It’s going to be less watching then what is going on now, though. Right now it’s 3 hour Raw, 2 hour SDLive, 1 hour 205 Live, 1 hour NXT every week (if you’re watching everything). Then every other week add in a 2.5 hour PPV. And during the Big 4 it’s 3 hour Takeover then a 4-8 hour PPV depending on the event the next night.
With the new setup it becomes 3 hour Raw, 2 hour SDLive, 1 hour 205 Live, 1 hour NXT, 4 hour PPV (probably for all except Mania). Then for big Mania still that 5/6 hour main card and everything else 4 hours, with a 3 hour Takeover the night before. So in total you’d probably cut down about 2 hours per month of what your consumer needs to watch if they watch everything.

Thanks for that breakdown. It just feels like it's going to be more but you demonstrated it isn't. We'll see how it goes.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #11747
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Thanks for that breakdown. It just feels like it's going to be more but you demonstrated it isn't. We'll see how it goes.

Yea it sounds like more on the face of it. But think of it as you’re watching 1 longer (not by much only an hour) PPV per month instead of 2 that run for the standard time per month.

And I can easily see why people think it could cause problems for viewing. But I think in the long run this will actually work out pretty well (at least for those in the States and Canada).

Old 02-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #11748

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

4 hour shows don't have to automatically be a bad thing. The problem is doing 4 hour shows plus pre-show, and trying to fit 12 matches on a card. When you have 5 minute matches up and down the card, all the in-between BS starts to really drag.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:59 AM   #11749
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
4 hour shows don't have to automatically be a bad thing. The problem is doing 4 hour shows plus pre-show, and trying to fit 12 matches on a card. When you have 5 minute matches up and down the card, all the in-between BS starts to really drag.
What's the last PPV that had 5 minute matches up and down the card? Even most of the boring low-card matches are getting around 10 minutes these days.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:10 AM   #11750
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Alright for the sake of an argument you’re going to have around 9 matches at each PPV. So break that over 200 (taking out 40 for promos, catch up segments, ads, prematch hype packages, etc.) minutes that would give you an average of 20 minutes per match. So once again you’re fine in that regard as well. You wouldn’t be seeing 5 minute matches up and down the card.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:26 AM   #11751

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I was exaggerating, for sure. My main point is that you can have longer shows that don't drag as much if you do like 8 longer (on average) matches, instead of the 12-13 matches that we get on the typical co-brand PPVs (that aren't built around gimmick matches).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #11752
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

I was just speculating about 4 hour PPVs too, they may not even go that route.

Big Dave from WOR is speculating that we'll get a ton of multi-person matches once the switch is made...yeah cause we don't get enough of those on TV already...

Last edited by cima; 02-19-2018 at 10:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »