Home

Old 02-08-2016, 03:07 AM   #4801
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: WWE Network Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
It's not mandatory to have a successful career in WWE, but I think it's na´ve to think that having "da look" doesn't give you a distinct advantage over a smaller guy with similar charisma and in ring skills. You can either be an incredible promo that connects with the fans, be a great in ring talent, or be sufficient in those two areas and looks great. You can have success with any of those paths, but a great look can overcome other deficiencies.
When you have two people of the same qualities, sure. But charisma, connecting with the crowd, and in ring skills are taken into account before this stupid "da look" in the majority of situations these days.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #4802
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I guess I'll be that guy.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...onship/374042/

I completely disagree with you all saying race wouldn't be an issue (this OK to discuss?). As in the article I posted only one guy kinda qualifies as being black and getting that main focus and it's the most electrifying man in sports entrainment yesterday, The Rock. And he only half qualifies. Henry was "ECW" and world champion; never the champion. Same with Booker. And didn't Henry only get a push because he threatened retirement?

Your arguments of, "if he's over he'll get a push" I believe are mostly accurate, but how many others have we seen get a push or get a chance taken on them that aren't over? Reigns, ADR, Batista (most recent), Miz, etc all got pushes when they weren't getting anywhere near close to the biggest reactions on the roster.

When I see someone on the screen that looks like me, they're : about millions of dollars, hustling and c-walking to the ring, rapping, big mean looking bodyguard, Jamaican, bringing big mama down to the ring with them, dancing cheerleaders, etc.

I would say Bobby Lashley is the only outlier and really have no way of explaining that seeing as how he sucked all around.

I saw New Day being mentioned and that isn't fair. The way they were presented was with a damn black choir group initially.

The only one that this doesn't apply to that's on the roster is the GOAT: Sasha Banks, but she also falls in line with the area of The Rock.

Man, y'all out here making me agree with Maj.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #4803
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I guess I'll be that guy.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...onship/374042/

I completely disagree with you all saying race wouldn't be an issue (this OK to discuss?). As in the article I posted only one guy kinda qualifies as being black and getting that main focus and it's the most electrifying man in sports entrainment yesterday, The Rock. And he only half qualifies. Henry was "ECW" and world champion; never the champion. Same with Booker. And didn't Henry only get a push because he threatened retirement?

Your arguments of, "if he's over he'll get a push" I believe are mostly accurate, but how many others have we seen get a push or get a chance taken on them that aren't over? Reigns, ADR, Batista (most recent), Miz, etc all got pushes when they weren't getting anywhere near close to the biggest reactions on the roster.

When I see someone on the screen that looks like me, they're : about millions of dollars, hustling and c-walking to the ring, rapping, big mean looking bodyguard, Jamaican, bringing big mama down to the ring with them, dancing cheerleaders, etc.

I would say Bobby Lashley is the only outlier and really have no way of explaining that seeing as how he sucked all around.

I saw New Day being mentioned and that isn't fair. The way they were presented was with a damn black choir group initially.

The only one that this doesn't apply to that's on the roster is the GOAT: Sasha Banks, but she also falls in line with the area of The Rock.

Man, y'all out here making me agree with Maj.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Let us not forget that old Trolling H made sure to cut Booker T's legs from under him when he was EASILY the most over guy on the roster at Wrestlemania 19 either.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #4804

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Let us not forget that old Trolling H made sure to cut Booker T's legs from under him when he was EASILY the most over guy on the roster at Wrestlemania 19 either.
That feud would have been so good if Booker won. As it stands it's just a shame.

Henry was never World Champ material, considering his limitations. He's made a good living for himself.

Bobby Lashley makes no sense to me at all. He's a human Milk Dud.

The New Day came up with their own stuff. They're huge, and they're getting a good push considering Kofi is a retread at this point and Xavier is from TNA.

I'm not saying they are afforded the chances others are - I would never suggest that. I'm saying, if they're destined to be stars... they will be stars.
Battle.Net BTag -ubernoob#1403

Twitch
Old 02-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #4805
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

OVR: 0

Your guys' favorite match ever? Preferably on the network.

I'm sure everyone's seen it, but my FAVORITE match of all time is HBK/Taker at WM 25
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #4806
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty

I'm sure everyone's seen it, but my FAVORITE match of all time is HBK/Taker at WM 25
**** you...that's a hard a question. But I gotta go with Edge, Christian, & Rhyno v. Dudleyz v. Team Extreme at WM X-Seven. My god did I love that match.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #4807
Whip my vine back'n'forth

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty

Melina vs. Alicia Fox.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #4808
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengar
The only guy benefitting from his look right now is Strowman. Other than him, generally the most talented people regardless of look are the ones who are rewarded.
Right cause Roman Reigns got his super-push for his mic skills and superb in-ring ability.

WWE never held the World Heavyweight Championship with the same prestige as the WWE Title, which is why most of the guys without "da look" who won a world title won the WH title and not the WWE title.

Eddie and Benoit weren't huge guys but they were still roided-out brickhouses. Other than Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, pretty much every WWE Champion had a muscular and at least semi-lean physique, with a few exceptions.

Apollo will be fine. Dude has the potential to have it all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »