Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 11:12 PM   #7401

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Network Discussion Thread

First Raw of October 98. Not alot of notable things LIVE (though Goldusts return is officially announced). Most notable thing that happened live itself was probably them revealing who Gangrels associate was. Revealing him as Edges younger brother Christian (who JR called Christopher all night long).

The most notable part of the Raw overall...McMahon in the hospital! We all know what happened there. I never saw the full night before, just the notable parts. McMahon in that hospital bossing everyone around lol. "Grape juice?!? I WANT APPLE JUICE!". And of course Mr.Socko! And obviously Doctor Austin. That bedpan moment is one nobody will ever forget. Just the sound it makes and McMahon gets knocked out of his bed by it was the best part you literally could watch over and over and over again.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #7402

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I remember when he was an American Male.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #7403

Majingir's Arena

First, Austin drives a zamboni into arena and beats up McMahon and gets arrested. After McMahon gets his leg broken by Kane/Undertaker, he ends up in hospital. In the hospital, Dr.Austin beats up McMahon with everything including a bedpan. Now we're at the Raw before Judgement day,when McMahon is out of hospital, he drives himself to arena in a corvette, which Austin then destroys with a cement truck.

Sure, they're 3 of the most memorable moments in the McMahon-Austin feud but still, these 3 weeks back to back to back has had more action than entire RTWMs!

And lets not forget Foley with Mr.Socko(Mark Henry was the first ever victim of that mandible claw, luckily for him it was only on Foleys foot, not yet stuffed in his pants)!

And the somewhat uneasy part to watch, the Blue Blazer makes his debut(technically return I guess?) in 98. This was first time I have ever seen any Blue Blazer stuff outside of anything from the Over The Edge 99 PPV. Irony of trying to "avoid spoilers" since it happened 20 years ago, but I don't want to check myself incase it does spoil stuff that's about to happen. Did he stay with the Blue Blazer for the rest of his career, or did we still have some Owen Hart stuff between late 98 and early 99? I know what happened to him was with the Blue Blazer entrance, but don't know if he just had that gimmick week in and week out for all these months beforehand.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-23-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:01 AM   #7404
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, there’s a ton more Owen Hart to come at that point. That was actually a funny little program they put him in and was similar to the Mr America gimmick I mentioned earlier with Hogan where Owen was claiming that he was retired because of the Severn thing and he wasn’t the Blue Blazer even though he clearly was. Fun little program there for Owen and a good lead in to what he would eventually be doing for the majority of his last few months before they inexplicably put him back in the Blazer gimmick. Trying not to say too much about what happens since you’re trying to avoid the old spoilers Maj haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2018, 12:05 AM   #7405

Majingir's Arena

Probably should've watched whole show before commenting. The main event of that Raw I'm talking about...Rock/Austin vs Undertaker/Kane! Does it get any bigger?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Yeah, there’s a ton more Owen Hart to come at that point. That was actually a funny little program they put him in and was similar to the Mr America gimmick I mentioned earlier with Hogan where Owen was claiming that he was retired because of the Severn thing and he wasn’t the Blue Blazer even though he clearly was. Fun little program there for Owen and a good lead in to what he would eventually be doing for the majority of his last few months before they inexplicably put him back in the Blazer gimmick. Trying not to say too much about what happens since you’re trying to avoid the old spoilers Maj haha.

Ya, that's more than enough. Good to hear there'll be more Owen stuff. Just don't know how I'll manage to watch a single Blue Blazer entrance. And it might be several months away, but not looking forward to watching any Owen stuff from WM onwards, seems too depressing knowing what's to come. Fittingly, I might not get to May 1999 until May 2018.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-24-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 12:42 AM   #7406
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah it was hard watching that time frame knowing what happened to Owen. It’s hard watching now that I’m at 2003 and seeing Eddie and Benoit every week. Pretty much everybody that is gone now it’s kinda difficult seeing when they pop on the screen. Crash, Test, Eddie, Benoit, Hawk just popped back up on RAW, Mr. Perfect when he was around in 2002, etc.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #7407

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Yeah it was hard watching that time frame knowing what happened to Owen. It’s hard watching now that I’m at 2003 and seeing Eddie and Benoit every week. Pretty much everybody that is gone now it’s kinda difficult seeing when they pop on the screen. Crash, Test, Eddie, Benoit, Hawk just popped back up on RAW, Mr. Perfect when he was around in 2002, etc.

I don't know if Eddie will be as hard to watch for me. Similarly with all these other people who died. Anything Benoit related though might be weird to see.

But Owens is just the hardest one to get over, and I never even watched back then. Eddie I had seen almost his entire WWE run, but Owens is just tougher. Not just cause it happened during a show, but he really was one of those good guys that everyone loved and just so many great and funny Owen stories.

Though for Owen, part of me thinks we might not have seen him as WWF champ. Don't know what his career plans were, but at most I could've seen them give him a Benoit/Christian/Henry type of veteran title run in the 00s if he was planning on going for a number of more years. Who knows, maybe he might've been that guy in 2004 to beat HBK/HHH for the world title!? And imagine Bret inducted into HOF that same year too.

Gotta stop thinking about "what ifs", it's too bittersweet.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-24-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:25 AM   #7408

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I've watched enough Benoit WCW stuff in that past few years to where it's no longer weird. He was so great in 1996-1998. He basically took what Bret was doing and upped the ante. Everything he did looked like a shoot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »