Home

Ring of Honor/Other Indie Promotions Discussion

This is a discussion on Ring of Honor/Other Indie Promotions Discussion within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #33
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ring of Honor/Other Indie Promotions Discussion

Marty has now created a new faction of his own, Villain Enterprises.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #34
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

ROH as re-signed Ian Riccaboni to a new contract, Ian was offered contracts by both WWE & AEW but decided to stay with ROH.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...aboni-roh-stay
Old 03-13-2019, 08:37 PM   #35
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

ROH is holding their 17th Anniversary ROH PPV this Friday where Jay Lethal defends the ROH World Title against Matt Taven. During the press conference, Marty Scurll came out and said that he is using his title shot that he earned after winning the Survival of the Fittest Tournament at the G1 Supercard!

So Marty will face the winner of Friday's match between Lethal and Taven. I guess they will have at least one member of The Elite on the show.

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor...percard-279196
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #36
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Ring of Honor, New Japan, CMLL & NWA come together in Toronto on Friday August 9th during Summerslam Weekend for the Summer Supercard. Tickets are on sale this Friday May 24th.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #37
Rookie

Full PWG Sixteen card (07/26)

1. Flip Gordon vs. Trey Miguel
2. The Dark Order (Stu Grayson/Evil Uno) (FKA The Super Smash Bros) vs. The Best Friends (Chuck Taylor/Trent?)
3. MJF vs. Darby Allin
4. Black Taurus/Laredo Kid/Puma King vs. Bandido/Flamita/Rey Horus
5. Jungle Boy vs. Joey Janela
6. Brody King vs. David Starr
7. PWG Tag Team titles Ladder match: LAX (Ortiz/Santana) vs. The Rascalz (Zachary Wentz/Dezmond Xavier) (C)

Also, some BOLA participants have been announced...
1. A-Kid
2. Jonathan Gresham
3. Artemis Spencer
4. Darby Allin
5. Mick Moretti
6. Orange Cassidy

___

i remember when pwg was the hottest thing around, now i've heard stuff about "typical indie-pwg" style match, going long for the sake of long, etc...but the card for sixteen looks good. about time mjf debuts (imagine him heeling it up after his debut victory, lights go out and fat super dragon makes an appearance and murders him with a psycho driver. place would go NUTS). weird seeing dark order/best friends especially after they just started an angle in aew (dark order has to go over to reestablish the team, maybe a beatdown and it all could carry over to aew). hey, i'm down with aew working with pwg in any way. six man lucha, flippy tag should be fun. starr/brody intrigues me. it wouldn't be a pwg anniversary show with out a ladder/guerrilla warfare match where every one kills themselves, which i see all four men doing. maybe lax win the belts and have a short term title reign since they left impact? onto bola, orange cassidy. yes.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #38

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

That's a pretty sick card. Some people are talking about how down PWG is, and it's definitely not 2011 or 2016 PWG, but when stars go to NXT fairly regularly it's not always easy to replace them. But PWG still has the best of the indies.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #39
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

AEW on TNT, WWE with RAW, SD, NXT, 205 Live and monthly PPVs in order for us to get our wrestling fix. Now let's add more wrestling to our calendar! Billy Corgan has announced that the NWA will begin airing weekly TV with tapings beginning in Atlanta September 30th & October 1st. No word on the arena that the tapings will take place and who will air the weekly TV episodes.

Billy Corgan said he wants to bring back studio style wrestling.

Quote:
Corgan did, however, stress the importance in his eyes of taping in front of a studio audience. “The thing that sticks out in my mind about studio wrestling, particularly in the 1970s and 1980s, was anything could really happen,” Billy explained. “You had people getting up very early in the morning, Saturday morning kids television, and it had a real feeling of chaos and anarchy. And I think that really sold to me — as a fan — that there was an element of danger and there was an element of anything could happen. I really want to bring that back to professional wrestling.”
https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/nw.../#.XUuQz-hKiUk

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 08-07-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #40
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Just saw the video and have to say i'm really interested to see what NWA can bring to the table, I always liked that style of show/wrestling better in my younger days but they had the talent to make it work. I'm not sure what all NWA has right now, I know a few people and they are pretty good so i'm looking forward to it, more options are always better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »