Home

Roman Reigns Suspended!

This is a discussion on Roman Reigns Suspended! within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #17
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Roman Reigns Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Some people gotta keep pushing the anti-Reigns angle. Even people who probably bought tickets for a show when Reigns was still champion.

Not much to explain. They posted it online like other violations. The show will continue without him. He'll be back by Battleground so the match still goes, and the way they set it up they can still have Ambrose and Rollins continue things to hype it up.
You know the Anti-Roman crowd is going to still complain because he didn't fail his suspension before Wrestlemania.

His suspension is up a day or two after the Draft on July 19th so I would say right now WWE's plans just got screwed up. How bad will it look from a public perspective and we know how the media treats WWE, if they still have Roman be a number one Draft Pick and keep him in the main event at Battleground? WWE will get hit from all angles and from everyone by keeping a guy who failed a drug test in your main event match and still apart of the draft.

At this point WWE needs to announce that Roman has been removed and that it is a One on One Match between Dean & Seth for the Title. It's too risky for a publicly traded company to keep Roman in the match and be a top draft pick after failing a drug test.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #18
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Guess we know why the title change happened now.

Don't expect this to affect him at all moving forward. Poor RVD got railroaded though back in the day.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #19
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
You know the Anti-Roman crowd is going to still complain because he didn't fail his suspension before Wrestlemania.

His suspension is up a day or two after the Draft on July 19th so I would say right now WWE's plans just got screwed up. How bad will it look from a public perspective and we know how the media treats WWE, if they still have Roman be a number one Draft Pick and keep him in the main event at Battleground? WWE will get hit from all angles and from everyone by keeping a guy who failed a drug test in your main event match and still apart of the draft.

At this point WWE needs to announce that Roman has been removed and that it is a One on One Match between Dean & Seth for the Title. It's too risky for a publicly traded company to keep Roman in the match and be a top draft pick after failing a drug test.
I doubt it. How many ppl protest when a player fails a drug test or assaults someone and starts when he comes back. It's irrelevent. They are not going to say why he failed and for all we know he took a supplement that had an ingredient that was banned. He might have not known it was in there.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 06-21-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #20
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
I doubt it. How many ppl protest when a player fails a drug test or assaults someone and starts when he comes back. It's irrelevent. They are not going to say why he failed and for all we know he took a supplement that had an ingredient that was banned. He might have not known it was in there.
WWE is a publicly traded company, and need I remind you of the Nancy Grace crap from a year ago to tell you that the media is ready to pounce the minute the WWE screws up. It would look bad from a public perspective and look bad to their stock holders as well that Roman is competing in a Main Event Title match just days after his suspension is up. The WWE is risking too much not to announce it as Dean vs Seth and that Roman was taken out of the match and he is not eligible for the draft.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:48 PM   #21
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
WWE is a publicly traded company, and need I remind you of the Nancy Grace crap from a year ago to tell you that the media is ready to pounce the minute the WWE screws up. It would look bad from a public perspective and look bad to their stock holders as well that Roman is competing in a Main Event Title match just days after his suspension is up. The WWE is risking too much not to announce it as Dean vs Seth and that Roman was taken out of the match and he is not eligible for the draft.
If they don't know what caused him to be suspended, they'll have nothing to pounce on. May I remind you how many times Orton has been suspended and there was no uproar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 09:24 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If they had any reservations about him being wrestling at Battleground, they wouldn't have announced the suspension. This isn't a pro sport where you have to announce it, they could have kept it under wraps and said he was injured
Old 06-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #23
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

The media and society in general aren't even that worried about drugs and suspensions right now. As long as Reigns doesn't suffer concussions and goes out and does something stupid bc of said concussion, nobody cares.

Concussions and domestic violence is what you have to worry about right now.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I agree with the last couple posts. The suspension ends on Friday before Battleground. He will be in the main event at BG. No one cares about steroids all that much sense the MLB Congressional hearing or Benoit's death, whichever happened last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »