Home

We as the IWC have to be ready to admit things about our favorite wrestlers

This is a discussion on We as the IWC have to be ready to admit things about our favorite wrestlers within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

I say this because I️ see a lot of talk on Twitter and various sites asking why certain people aren’t pushed and why a guys who have good Matches aren’t.

I️ think the IWC needs to cut all that good worker BS out and focus on PRODUCTION. A main guy is Cesaro. To me he is TRUELY an underutilized talent. He can be a tag champ and then the next day be a believable opponent for Brock Lesnar. It’s criminal what they’ve done to him. Rusev as well.

But now I’m about to piss someone off. Shinsuke Nakamura AINT READY. His ring work has been under the microscope and we’re finding out that he wasn’t the 5 star guy we thought he was. He will never be a good promo because of the language barrier. He’s a very good promo in Japanese but sadly this I️s America. I️ see everyday ppl begging for Shinsuke to be GIVEN the belt. To me he’s not better than Kevin Owens or Sami Zayn. Shinsuke has worked 3 opponents on the main roster in Dolph, Owens, and Corbin and if were being honest all 3 feuds were trash with Owens being the best by default because Owens was in it. If your wondering why I️ didn’t mention Jinder Mahal it’s because that feud was just sad to watch. I️ wish WWE never did it so I’m trying to forget it.

Another guy ppl geek over but just hasn’t shown enough PRODUCTION is Finn Blair. Finn is a monster but his in ring is only above average and can’t cut a WWE promo at all. His facial expressions during matches are non existent because of his history of working with paint on. If we’re being real with ourselves he’s probably only had like 3 GREAT matches on the main roster. And all 3 were with guys you literally can’t have a bad match with in Rollins Reigns and Styles.

I’m all for the idea that some guys are held down but not EVERYBODY is held back. Some guys just aren’t good enough and if you pictured a title Reign of theirs without using your fan googles you’d see that some guys the IWC love would simply have BORING runs

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 11-09-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 01:04 AM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: We as the IWC have to be ready to admit things about our favorite wrestlers

Bold post. Prepare for bedlam.

Honestly though, I think you make you make good points. I agree about Nakamura. I don't think he will succeed. Not because he wasn't given a chance, but like you said, he can't cut a promo, and to be honest, I don't care much for the "strong style" work in the ring.

I'm probably gonna get destroyed for that opinion.

Rusev is absolutely the biggest waste of talent on the roster. He is so good in basically every category of what it takes to be a top guy. And for some reason he is basically a jobber.

Dolph Ziggler is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. We went to the same college and I was fortunate enough to meet him on a couple of occasions, so I'm kinda biased. But to admit something about my favorite wrestler, I just feel like Dolph doesn't fit in. He has a very eccentric personality and I think he rubs people the wrong way. He is extremely talented and one of the best workers in the company, but he seems to never be able to keep any momentum. Not sure if it's the writing, or him.

And I also don't believe his heart is into it fully. I think he's more interested in his comedy work. So I figure he will be gone at the end of his deal.

Last edited by PVarck31; 11-09-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:59 AM   #3

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Bold post. Prepare for bedlam.

Honestly though, I think you make you make good points. I agree about Nakamura. I don't think he will succeed. Not because he wasn't given a chance, but like you said, he can't cut a promo, and to be honest, I don't care much for the "strong style" work in the ring.

I'm probably gonna get destroyed for that opinion.
That's an opinion. I mean, he hasn't worked Strong Style in the WWE ever. The closest would be his match with Sami in his debut.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of OPs revisionist history. Go ahead and read for yourself what people said about a guy that "AINT READY. His ring work has been under the microscope and we’re finding out that he wasn’t the 5 star guy we thought he was."

(here by the way)

It's like Omega coming to WWE, getting booked like absolute dog**** and stuck in feuds with **** wrestlers and saying "Hah Omega just overrated PoS." There's literal years of proof proving what you say wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Another guy ppl geek over but just hasn’t shown enough PRODUCTION is Finn Blair. Finn is a monster but his in ring is only above average and can’t cut a WWE promo at all. His facial expressions during matches are non existent because of his history of working with paint on. If we’re being real with ourselves he’s probably only had like 3 GREAT matches on the main roster. And all 3 were with guys you literally can’t have a bad match with in Rollins Reigns and Styles.
"Finn Blair" and his history of working with paint on? The majority of his career he used paint a few times a year max.

Please, just stop. You raise decent points, but use wrong wrestlers and just plain wrong 'facts' to back them up. You can also definitely have bad matches with Rollins and Reigns.

Last edited by ubernoob; 11-09-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #4
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
That's an opinion. I mean, he hasn't worked Strong Style in the WWE ever. The closest would be his match with Sami in his debut.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of OPs revisionist history. Go ahead and read for yourself what people said about a guy that "AINT READY. His ring work has been under the microscope and we’re finding out that he wasn’t the 5 star guy we thought he was."

(here by the way)

It's like Omega coming to WWE, getting booked like absolute dog**** and stuck in feuds with **** wrestlers and saying "Hah Omega just overrated PoS." There's literal years of proof proving what you say wrong.

"Finn Blair" and his history of working with paint on? The majority of his career he used paint a few times a year max.

Please, just stop. You raise decent points, but use wrong wrestlers and just plain wrong 'facts' to back them up. You can also definitely have bad matches with Rollins and Reigns.

Sorry my phone uses autocorrect bro. Eye type fast eye didn’t see it changed the word.

Eye disagree with your last sentence as well. If they go against a great talent Reigns and Rollins CANT have a bad match. They are part of the worlds elite. Roman hasn’t had a bad match since Wrestlemania so he isn’t even up for debate. Rollins VS HHH was boring but not at all a BAD match.

To the guy who talked about Shinsuke eye know what your saying. But what Your doing is kinda like giving me Euroleague stats of a basketball player who averaged 30 7 and 7 in Europe and went to the NBA and averaged 15 3 and 3. Those are still GREAT stats but he ain’t the same guy with the big boys.

Just because a guy can give us a 5 star match here and there doesn’t mean he should be pushed by WWE. WWE is about characters not matches. That is something IWC fans need to get through their thick skulls.

That’s why Undertaker is an all time great if not the GOAT. He was the best character ever and could give you a quality match even at freaking 50

Last edited by Housh123; 11-09-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #5
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

"The Demon doesnt sell" yet nearly most of his shirts have some kind of "demon" image on it. People buy it. He's over whether or not he's Finn Balor or the Demon. Balor's only been the demon for 3 PPV matches, the one against Rollins, and the 2 against Wyatt (one of them ended up being with Styles cause of illness).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #6
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2009
"The Demon doesnt sell" yet nearly most of his shirts have some kind of "demon" image on it. People buy it. He's over whether or not he's Finn Balor or the Demon. Balor's only been the demon for 3 PPV matches, the one against Rollins, and the 2 against Wyatt (one of them ended up being with Styles cause of illness).

Sell in meaning in ring selling

He doesn’t sell in the ring at all with injuries and facial expressions and such. He’s actually one of the worst top guys at doing it. He’ll get a knee worked over and pop right back up and do a flip. Shinsuke is pretty bad also. But with Shinsuke his facial expressions and sounds are GREAT.

Also we’re gonna have to look into how over he really is without the demon. Yeah fans love his entrance and he gets cheers regardless but eye think part of that is because the entrance is easy to go along with and the fans see him as the demon so even when he’s cutting those lame promos and boring the hell out of everyone with his 3 moves in the ring we let it slide because we associate one of the coolest things in WWE with him.

You give that entrance to Curt Hawkins and ppl will go along with it. That’s just how fans work

Let’s keep it all the way real with each other. What memorable thing has Finn done on the main roster besides have great matches with Rollins Reigns and Styles?

I’m a huge fan and eye can’t think of anything.

Let’s talk about Samoa Joe. He’s already cut plenty of great promos and had a good couple matches with Lesnar and Reigns. Eye can still remember him choking out Brock on RAW. What’s Finn’s moment?

Sorry my phone has a glitch for the letter I️. I have to type eye because the letter I️ comes up as a box and a question mark

Last edited by Housh123; 11-09-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

No...you dont give Curt Hawkins that entrance and the fans will go along with it cause nobody cares about Curt Hawkins.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:14 AM   #8
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2009
No...you dont give Curt Hawkins that entrance and the fans will go along with it cause nobody cares about Curt Hawkins.

You know how eye know that’s just a false statement?

Kalisto

Nobody has EVER cared about Kalisto post Lucha Dragons and he still gets fans to go along with that Lu cha lu cha hand motion

Give Curt Hawkins Finn Balors entrance and people would go along with it. Fans go along with ANYTHING they can.

How about R Truth and the WASSAP.

Jack Swagger with the We the people. Nobody cared about those guys at all and fans still played along with their stuff. That entrance is pure fire but let’s not act like you couldn’t give it to AJ Styles and get the same crowd participation

Last edited by Housh123; 11-09-2017 at 11:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »