Home

WWE 2019 TV Deals (SD on FOX, Raw on USA)

This is a discussion on WWE 2019 TV Deals (SD on FOX, Raw on USA) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #49

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: FOX to go hard after WWE if they lose rights to UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I might be in the minority but I think the product suffers without occasional blood. I understand why chair shots to the head are gone too but they added something not easily replicated as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If they could find a way to do fake blood then that'd be fine, but that's probably the most they feel comfortable doing anymore. Like if someone got attacked backstage, we could see the end result being them already bleeding (with the fake blood packs), but that's probably it.

Though PG rating shouldn't have impact on fake blood either because I've seen PG shows that are much more violent than WWE and people bleed in those.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #50
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I might be in the minority but I think the product suffers without occasional blood. I understand why chair shots to the head are gone too but they added something not easily replicated as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I've been saying this for years. What's the point of Elimination Chamber, HIAC, cage matches etc etc if there's no blood at all. It just makes it very artificial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
If they could find a way to do fake blood then that'd be fine, but that's probably the most they feel comfortable doing anymore. Like if someone got attacked backstage, we could see the end result being them already bleeding (with the fake blood packs), but that's probably it.

Though PG rating shouldn't have impact on fake blood either because I've seen PG shows that are much more violent than WWE and people bleed in those.
They can, there's these handy little things called condoms with food coloring, gel caps with food coloring etc etc

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #51

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
They can, there's these handy little things called condoms with food coloring, gel caps with food coloring etc etc
That's my point. They can do it, they just don't, but it's not because of PG rating. No need to have real blood, fake one is easy to do. Just a matter of how easy it'd be for them to do it live on tv infront of thousands of people. The traditional way of guys bleeding often didn't get noticed on TV, though that was likely easier to do since it's a small blade the ref often had in his pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I just wish they'd stop having the match get temporarily stopped to check on someone anytime someone gets busted open hard way
Old 03-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #53

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I just wish they'd stop having the match get temporarily stopped to check on someone anytime someone gets busted open hard way
Not something people like, but it is basically something that happens all over nowadays. NBA even has a "blood rule" where play stops if someone is bleeding. The whole stopping the match stuff is done for guys own benefits, even if superstars and/or fans might not want it to happen. Most of the time people will probably say they're fine, but that's not their call.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #54
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
What type of stuff exactly are people wanting out of WWE that they feel the PG rating is holding them back on?

To me, Diva stuff is fine staying in the past, and society in general would frown upon it if WWE did anything similar to what they did in late 90s/early 00s with many of their women. Blood is also fine in the past. Major health concerns about people bleeding and on each other. Chair shots to head I don't think I need to explain that. Course language is still on tv.

Quality and amount of storylines is simply based on writing, not tv rating.
Also, what I find odd is how the current bad writing that seriously needs to be improved upon would magically be better writing under TV 14. Would the rating matter if the same current writers who aren't that creative, still be in place? Whether it's TV PG, TV PG 13, or TV 14, nothing will change with WWE until they hire writers who know how to write wrestling shows no matter the what the TV rating is.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Time to start paying attention to this cause ESPN/UFC just made their first deal to air some fight night events on ESPN+. I'm sure a TV deal will follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 AM   #56

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Time to start paying attention to this cause ESPN/UFC just made their first deal to air some fight night events on ESPN+. I'm sure a TV deal will follow.
And all this falls in place with the original timeline from the OP. In that post from January it says WWE wants a deal by May. And this UFC deal gets finalized in May. So guessing it's only a matter of time before we hear about a WWE deal. Would be something else to see WWE on FOX.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »