Home

WWE 2019 TV Deals (SD on FOX, Raw on USA)

This is a discussion on WWE 2019 TV Deals (SD on FOX, Raw on USA) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
WWE 2019 TV Deals (SD on FOX, Raw on USA)

From the latest WON, here are the tidbits about the WWE TV deal from r/squaredcircle.

- Fox is gearing up to go after WWE hard if they lose UFC; might pursue them even if they don’t

- Raw would likely move to FOX proper if the deal was made; SD would be on FS1

- Raw would have to go back to two hours on FOX

- Triple H had preliminary meetings with FOX execs last year

- Speculation going around that FOX might attempt to buy WWE

- Viacom is discussing possibly getting back into wrestling through owning/purchasing a company

- WWE wants a deal done by May.

WWE on Fox would be interesting and if it reverted back to 2 hours, that's a win for everybody. I'd like to see this happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 02:19 PM   #2

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: FOX to go hard after WWE if they lose rights to UFC

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know about boosting ratings for smackdown, it would be available in less homes. USA is on directv's cheapest package and FS1 is not so less people will be able to view. It might be worth it though if the Fox advertising machine gets starts promoting Raw like they do their other primetime shows during NFL games
Old 01-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I don't know about boosting ratings for smackdown, it would be available in less homes. USA is on directv's cheapest package and FS1 is not so less people will be able to view. It might be worth it though if the Fox advertising machine gets starts promoting Raw like they do their other primetime shows during NFL games
Wasn't SDL more of a USA Network thing anyway? I thought I remember reading USA is who pushed for it. If WWE RAW was on FOX, the potential huge ratings boost they'd receive from that should more than make up for SDL bringing in less ratings on FS1.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm highly intrigued by this. Just thinking of how the product could and would change...for the better I'd hope. Potential is there to really do some great things with FOX.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This would be HUGE in a lot of ways. RAW going back to 2 hrs would cut down some of the needless glut and excess of the product right now and having the premier wrestling show on network TV for the first time since SNME would give the product a high profile. If you think the ESPN/WWE synergy was a big thing it would be even MORE big with FOX and WWE. I could see talent going on many of the FS1 shows and they might try to do something with Shannon Sharpe and his big mouth. You know he'd be a great heel on the mic!

The only issue is the product would definitely stay firmly in the kid friendly PG range and probably even MORE safer on network TV.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
This would be HUGE in a lot of ways. RAW going back to 2 hrs would cut down some of the needless glut and excess of the product right now and having the premier wrestling show on network TV for the first time since SNME would give the product a high profile. If you think the ESPN/WWE synergy was a big thing it would be even MORE big with FOX and WWE. I could see talent going on many of the FS1 shows and they might try to do something with Shannon Sharpe and his big mouth. You know he'd be a great heel on the mic!

The only issue is the product would definitely stay firmly in the kid friendly PG range and probably even MORE safer on network TV.
Definitely would have to done it down on foxs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Interesting to see if anything comes of this. WWE on FOX? Fox would actually be ok with WWE on their main network every Monday from 8-10 or 9-11?

And SD on FS1, again, would they be ok with a show that airs every single week on that network? Doesn't FS1 air playoff games too, something they have no control over what day the games happen.

No way FOX buys WWE though.

And Raw back to 2 hours would be great, as long as it's done properly. No 15+ min matches and 2+ commercial breaks between basically every other match on the show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »