Home

WWE RAW 7/30/18: Guess Who's Back, Back Again

This is a discussion on WWE RAW 7/30/18: Guess Who's Back, Back Again within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2018, 06:05 AM   #25
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WWE RAW 7/30/18: Guess Who's Back, Back Again

So when they finally let Brock Lesnar show some character and do more in a fricken weekly show, it was entertaining. I enjoyed what Lesnar did this week on RAW. Really shows how annoying he can be and it looks like this is the way the WWE will have him be so they can finally get the WWE universe to cheer for Roman. From the way the fans were chanting for Roman at the closing moments of the show, it could be working. Brock was a straight up douche even bullying poor Heyman.

The WWE managed to protect Stroman by having him lose vid count out to Mahal while keeping everyone including Kevin Owens looking strong. Not bad. Speaking of protecting, I'm glad Seth Rollins and Drew McIntrye did not have a clean finish to their match. But of course, let's have Grin Balor lose to Baron Corbin because 50/50 booking. And did Alicia Fox seriously win a match on RAW? I'm shocked. At least Ronda Rousey is going to make her RAW wrestling debut next week. And I seriously think the Riot Squad are now the new Miztourage. Because all they do is job. This week's show was an improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2018, 06:23 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Best tweet I read all day was Brock came to Raw to read magazines and kick ***...and he just ran out of magazines
Old 07-31-2018, 08:15 PM   #27
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Lol. That's WWE for you. A guy who people actually like AND take seriously as an in-ring competitor? Yeah have him lose to the guy who flopped massively when he even sniffed the title picture, in a match that gets no one over.
It really is a shame what's happened to Balor from a booking standpoint since his return from injury. WWE were ready to strap the rocket to him and make him the face of RAW in 2016. That seems like a long time to hold a grudge over someone suffering a freak injury, that honestly wasn't really his fault.

I don't know what else to call it, other than a grudge. Why else would you be so high on a guy one moment, and then the next you're having him do nothing of real importance for over a year?

The Demon isn't even a thing anymore with Balor, and that makes me sad, because it's such a cool add-on to his persona.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-01-2018, 12:12 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
It really is a shame what's happened to Balor from a booking standpoint since his return from injury. WWE were ready to strap the rocket to him and make him the face of RAW in 2016. That seems like a long time to hold a grudge over someone suffering a freak injury, that honestly wasn't really his fault.

I don't know what else to call it, other than a grudge. Why else would you be so high on a guy one moment, and then the next you're having him do nothing of real importance for over a year?

The Demon isn't even a thing anymore with Balor, and that makes me sad, because it's such a cool add-on to his persona.
I don't think it's a grudge, I just think Finn was just in the right place at the right time when he won the Universal title. If Roman didn't fail a wellness test I doubt he would have ever sniffed the title
Old 08-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #29

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I don't think it's a grudge, I just think Finn was just in the right place at the right time when he won the Universal title. If Roman didn't fail a wellness test I doubt he would have ever sniffed the title
Speaking of which, it's kind of crazy when you think about it. Because of the Universal Title, Reigns and Rollins haven't been a top champ since mid-2016. Rollins hasn't had an actual WWE title reign(meaning more than 5 minutes) since he vacated in 2015 due to his injury! 2015?! For someone who's supposed to be one of the top people in the company, not even having a world title in 3 years?

Balor not getting in that main scene either since 2016.

Just awhole lot of "we don't know what we're doing with you" from the writers to superstars.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:39 AM   #30
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Lesnar attacking Heyman has 6.2 million views on YouTube in a day.

I don't have anything else to add - that's just a lot of views.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #31

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Lesnar attacking Heyman has 6.2 million views on YouTube in a day.

I don't have anything else to add - that's just a lot of views.
My main takeway: Corbin was in that video. Man he's a star. And the crowd (just the women and children) were chanting for Roman Reigns, and the people wanted to watch that on youtube. The Big Dawg has finally arrived as a superstar babyface.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #32
All Star

Ummmmmm I was kinda sorta maybe secretly chanting for Roman to come out there too

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »