Home

Time to Shake Things Up? (WWEs "New Era" )

This is a discussion on Time to Shake Things Up? (WWEs "New Era" ) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2019, 01:33 AM   #9
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Time to Shake Things Up? (WWEs "New Era" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Little things like that go a long way in matches. Has WWE ever really gone through any kind of "rule changes"? Sure, who cares about rules in something predetermined, but the logic behind things matter. And seeing things more unique and changed up from what we've seen for decades is what needs to happen.

Not change for sake of change, but there's definitely things that could be done differently when it comes to matches and rules.
What do you have in mind? Let's throw out a few ideas and maybe get a little discussion going.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #10

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
What do you have in mind? Let's throw out a few ideas and maybe get a little discussion going.
Most are more of a logic thing.

-Eliminate champ retaining from dq/Count out(and the sequence where they lose, announcer says who wins, their music plays, suddenly stops, then announcer is like "but still the champion...")
-Video review on title matches(this would also combat a planned dq if someone tries cheating to win a title)
-Enforce a strict PPV to PPV title defence clause. If you don't defend title at least once in the span from last ppv until next one, you get stripped.
-In no dq type matches, we sometimes see rope breaks on submissions, that should never happen
-In multi opponent matches we don't see people often take advantage of the no dq rule
-Early in matches we should see more 1 counts and as match goes on we see longer counts depending on move used before the count (like in the video games).
-If someone's music hits, don't just freeze for 20 seconds. Keep doing what you're doing in the ring.

Probably more I'm just not thinking of but might come to me after others post or next time I watch a show.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the no title change on a dq or count out rule. I’d like more run ins with no entrance music. There are times you shouldn’t be announcing to the entire arena that you’re doing a run and having you’re music play doesn’t make sense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #12

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I’d like more run ins with no entrance music. There are times you shouldn’t be announcing to the entire arena that you’re doing a run and having you’re music play doesn’t make sense
At least make commentators seem more intelligent in moments like that.

Lets say Rollins and Ambrose are feuding. Rollins is in a match VS Lashley. Suddenly someone jumps Rollins. Cole goes crazy like "Who the?! Rollins got attacked! It's.... It's...its Ambrose!". I think we all know if someone is gonna jump Rollins it'd be the 1 guy he's feuding with.

But no music run ins is why Ortons rko outta nowhere is so good. Imagine if before every rko he just came down from the ramp with his music playing. Not that all run ins should be outta nowhere, but other stars need that surprise element.

Last edited by Majingir; 02-09-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #13
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I like the no title change on a dq or count out rule. I’d like more run ins with no entrance music. There are times you shouldn’t be announcing to the entire arena that you’re doing a run and having you’re music play doesn’t make sense
Jim Cornette, is that you?

If I remember correctly, it was the HHH-Orton feud in 2009 leading up to Mania 25 where Orton attacked Stephanie. Then out came Triple H with no music to chase him off, it made the moment so much better. Like it wasn't Triple H who comes out to Motorhead, it was Paul Levesque the husband out there to protect his wife. We need more of that for sure.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 02-09-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:17 PM   #14

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Jim Cornette, is that you?

If I remember correctly, it was the HHH-Orton feud in 2009 leading up to Mania 25 where Orton attacked Stephanie. Then out came Triple H with no music to chase him off, it made the moment so much better. Like it wasn't Triple H who comes out to Motorhead, it was Paul Levesque the husband out there to protect his wife. We need more of that for sure.
Speaking of that feud, it's one of my faves. Matches themselves were a letdown, but week by week I loved watching to see what happens next.

Imo, WM24-26 had some really nice builds. All 3 years of HBK feuds, Orton VS HHH, McMahon VS Bret, Jericho VS legends and more. Too bad rtwm doesn't have that feel anymore.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #15

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Another I forgot to mention before, commercial breaks during matches is one of my biggest pet peeves watching Raw and SD.

Breaks in matches and constant long matches just gives you 0 reason to really watch the first several minutes of any match. Certainly no point watching before the first mid match break knowing it's not ending anytime soon.

It's like watching an inning in baseball, your team is at the plate,but you know in advance your team won't even get a runner in scoring position until the pitching change that's coming several minutes into the inning. How can you be excited leading up to that break? You're just watching a bunch of foul balls, pickoffs to 1st, mound visits. And once change happens, still no guarantee you'll score, but you know inning is ending soon.

Last edited by Majingir; 02-11-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2019, 12:43 AM   #16

Majingir's Arena

Something else I've thought of, introduce more new match types. TLC, hiac, ec, survivor series, rumble and other matches didn't always exist. Why can't we see new gimmick matches?

Steel cage ladder match? Hiac TLC match(closest we've had to this was Taker VS edge at SS)? Bring back the championship scramble!

Even just small variations too go a long way. Like the 4 corners style match. Instead of a fatal 4 way, why not a singles match where the other 2 opponents are outside the ring and can be tagged in. Similarly with multiple tag teams. 3 or more teams could compete, but only 2 guys can be legal.

Elimination element too could make things more interesting.

I also don't think we've seen a beat the clock series in awhile.

Constantly seeing regular singles and tag matches gets boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »